Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Piquet pushing on with job in hand

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Piquet pushing on with job in hand

Formula One news: Piquet pushing on with job in hand - GPUpdate.net Formula One

The future of Nelson Piquet's Formula One career continued to remain in limbo as the Renault team arrived at the Hungaroring on Thursday. Continuously rumoured to be no part of the French outfit's plans for 2010, 'Nelsinho' has explained how a 'conflict of egos' risked his drive over the weekend of the German Grand Prix.

With team-mate Fernando Alonso strongly linked with Ferrari for next year and Piquet's own future also undecided, an all-new Renault line-up could be possible for next season. "It's not one hundred percent settled," said Nelson. "That is why I am going to do my job and let my father do the rest.

"There was a bit of a mess at the last race but I knew there was a big chance for me to be here - there was just conflict and contracts and a conflict of egos between a few people but it ended up with everything working well. The problem is that, these days, a contract in F1 doesn't mean much - we have seen several cases already of drivers and teams breaking contracts and it just stays that way, so the only thing I can do is drive, do my best and leave my father to do his job and see what he can do."

Generally out-performed by double World Champion team-mate Fernando Alonso on the track and under pressure for his role in the team when off it, Piquet's 2009 season has been one full of frustrations. "I have been facing this kind of situation since last year," he continued. "It's not something new for me - in this level of motorsport you need to know how to deal with it; we are in the top level of motorsport and drivers need to know how to deal with these pressures and that kind of thing."

The 23-year-old admits that he feels for the current World Champion after the politics involved in the McLaren team during the 2007 season. "I would say that dealing with what Lewis was dealing with at the end of his first season, when fighting for the championship, must have been even harder than what I am going through," Piquet commented. "This is only part of the stress of motorsport - Lewis must have been through much more stress than I am at the moment. You need to know how to deal with these kinds of things."

Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I kinda like Piquet. He's definitely a wildcard out there, as is Sutil. I'd like to see Piquet battle for some podiums this season yet.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know, as much as I like the guy - we follow each other on Twitter - he just doesn't seem to have the pace and car control needed to be successful in F1. Could it be the marriage with Renault is the wrong mix for him? I would give him a shot if I were the principal of a smaller team knowing that he's never been and probably won't be a podium regular.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
I don't know, as much as I like the guy - we follow each other on Twitter - he just doesn't seem to have the pace and car control needed to be successful in F1. Could it be the marriage with Renault is the wrong mix for him? I would give him a shot if I were the principal of a smaller team knowing that he's never been and probably won't be a podium regular.
I know what you mean. I'm surprised he didn't start off with Williams or STR or a similarly small team. I think part of the reason he hasn't been shining as much as he could is because he's simply overshadowed by Alonso's achievements. I realize that's not much of an excuse, but still, he would've been a better fit on a smaller team to get his feet wet, imo.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:03 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
I don't know, as much as I like the guy - we follow each other on Twitter -
y'all must be pretty close

Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
/\

Old 07-27-2009, 09:14 PM
FIGJAM
piquet actually had one of his best performances at hungary, he was only 3 tenths off alonso's pace. if the field was less competitive than it is this year he would likely have had a decent result.