Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ecclestone still pushing medals

Old 01-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Ecclestone still pushing medals

Bernie Ecclestone has not given up hope that his 'medals'-style scoring system proposal will be implemented in time for the 2009 season.

The F1 Chief Executive wants wins rather than points to determine the drivers' world champion from now on, but so far the teams and the FIA have only commissioned market research into the proposal rather than wholly embrace it.

Ecclestone, 78, said at Ferrari's 'Wrooom' media event at an Italian ski resort that his plan requires the agreement of all the teams.

"It's up to the teams to really push that through. I hope they have enough sense to agree," he said.

Ecclestone's proposal has not brought much support from within the sport.

At the launch of the new McLaren at Woking yesterday, champion Lewis Hamilton was asked his view on the concept and if it should be introduced. "No really," he replied.
"We work hard to be consistent so it has to be a driver who has done well over the season, not just a few races."

Ecclestone also confirmed his opposition to introducing expensive KERS systems in the midst of a financial crisis.

"I've never been in favour of it so it is not good to get me involved in that discussion. We are trying to reduce the costs not increase them," he said.

E.A, Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Old 01-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Bernie really reminds me of a small child sometimes. Aside from the fact that he's actually very small in stature, he whines like an 8 year old child until he gets his way. I strongly oppose the medals system because giving more points out makes the sport more legitimate for the smaller teams that don't see the podium as much. I think if F1 switched over to a medals system, we'd see quite a few teams drop out.

Also, I had no idea Bernie was against KERS. I always thought it was implemented because of Bernie's pushing for it. If it wasn't him, who brought KERS into F1?