Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Well it's Official: Bourdais Out, Alguersuari In!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009 | 08:23 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Because Bourdais was actually successful in an open-wheel racing series prior to his F1 career?
please...you can't seriously be drawing parallels between F1 and irl/cart. they are worlds apart.

don't get me wrong, i like bourdais but he has not made the most of his chance and that's the bottom line. do you honestly think piquet has much rope left? even his name can't save him, same goes for kaz. bruno wasn't given a race drive by anyone. point is, F1 is a cutthroat arena, if you can't make an impact instantly you will be dropped. if you don't make an impact in testing, you won't get an offer. the amounts spent on r&d to gain tenths can't be justified on a driver who can't realize their advantages. simple as that.

that being said, i think there is definitely a place for bourdais. maybe not at the pinnacle but he should easily be able to get a seat in america and certainly showed good pace at le mans so endurance racing could be the ticket.

Old 07-15-2009 | 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
please...you can't seriously be drawing parallels between F1 and irl/cart. they are worlds apart.
True. But in my view it's a lot more similar than F1 vs. rallying (referring to Loeb).