Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Penalty costs Alguersuari his Spa point

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Penalty costs Alguersuari his Spa point

From Planet F1:

Jaime Alguersuari has lost his Belgian GP point after being handed a 20-second penalty for cutting a chicane in Sunday's race.

The Toro Rosso driver, who finished in the top ten for the first time since May's Spanish Grand Prix, celebrated his World Championship point in the aftermath of a trying grand prix.

"I have had a good weekend and already I was happy with my performance in qualifying yesterday while today, I had the most exciting race of my career. It was very difficult to make the right call on tyre choice," said the Spaniard.

"I think that within our team's potential, today's performance was not too bad and I am delighted to have picked up another point.

I can't wait for Monza now and the chance to put on a good show for all the people from our factory who will be there to watch the race."

However, two hours after the race had been completed, he learnt that he had been handed a 20-second penalty for cutting the Bus Stop chicane to pass Force India's Tonio Liuzzi.

The penalty means Alguersuari falls to 13th place while Liuzzi, who had finished P11, is prompted to the final points-paying position.