Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Fastest lap and two points for Alonso

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:03 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Fastest lap and two points for Alonso

Formula One news: Fastest lap and two points for Alonso - GPUpdate.net Formula One

The fastest lap of a couple of points were what Fernando Alonso took away from the German Grand Prix after a tough afternoon which saw the Renault driver stuck in traffic for much of the race at the Nürburgring. With the pace of the R29 improving, however, Fernando is confident that the French squad is heading back on the right tracks.

With 27-year-old Alonso having been frustrating to be eliminated from qualifying in the second phase of the session on Saturday, the Champion of 2005 and 2006 was able to move up to seventh place in Sunday's race with a short string of fastest laps achieved.

"It was a difficult race because my start was very poor and we lost quite a few positions before the first corner," he explained at the track on which he won for McLaren in 2007. "After that, the race was tough and we were stuck in traffic but the car has clearly improved as I set the fastest lap and scored some points. The most important thing I take from the weekend is that we are competitive and we can be optimistic for the races to come."

Old 07-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Alonso certainly had some great pace towards the end of the race. I wouldn't actually mind seeing him in contention for a podium or two this season.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Great drive for Alonso, i have to say. As much as people don't like him, I think he's the quickest driver in the field. Match that with his car development ability and a good team, he could definitely win another championship.