Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Cracked thigh bone for Pedrosa

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:00 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Cracked thigh bone for Pedrosa

MotoGP news: Cracked thigh bone for Pedrosa - GPUpdate.net MotoGP

The Repsol Honda team has released a statement confirming the extent of Dani Pedrosa's fresh injuries following his accident in Sunday's Italian Grand Prix. The crash was the latest in a series for the Spaniard, who has not yet completed his recovery after a huge accident in Germany last year.

The statement read:

'Pedrosa had started the race injured after a big rear wheel slide and subsequent shake from his bike in Saturday morning's practice session caused the unlucky Spaniard to incur severe stretching in his right hip. The scans today also showed that the initial diagnosis at the circuit on Saturday had been correct and that Pedrosa had pulled the gluteus medius muscle, which caused a small crack in the greater trochanter (thigh) bone where the muscle attaches.

The factory Honda rider will now rest up ahead of the Grand Prix of Catalunya in just under two week's time. His physical condition will be assessed next week and Pedrosa is hoping to be fit for his home race.'

"It's a relief that the tests today didn't show up anything new because I think I have enough to contend with already," Dani said. "The injury from Saturday is still quite painful obviously but with luck it will improve over the next week. The timing of this a real shame because I was feeling as though I was returning to something close to race fitness and could ride the bike as I wanted. Still, this is where we are so we'll just get on with it and try to make a quick recovery. I really hope I can be fit for the next race because it's a very important one for me and the team."