Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 - The Official Monaco GP Pre-Race, Practice, Qualifying and Race Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like jumping on a plane and going to Monaco right now. I am not kidding.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I may go BigE. But how would we handle the crowd control? With a celebrity of my caliber, it can be quite a task.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Massa purpile in sectors 1 and 2!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
We'll set up a "VIP" area at my motorhome.

Teamspeed Pro
No Matchett . . . . Massa is NOT a world champion.

Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by BigE
We'll set up a "VIP" area at my motorhome.
That could work. As long as Alzilla runs security.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I may go to Monteray this year. Moe Mistry has invited me to go with him.

Uh oh. Did I actually say his name . . . .
Speaking of Moe, he asked me for my recommendations for last year... here was my post.... A little bit

It all depends on what you're looking to do. I would highly suggest the historic races if they're really into the classic cars. There's nothing like seeing some amazing rare cars being thrown around the track. I'm sure you could rent a suite along the pit, though I'm not sure at what cost. If you'd like just more exclusive seating, there's always the Flagroom tickets at Laguna Seca and those run about $200/ person for the Saturday races. Obviously, you're going to hit up the Concours on Sunday, but I would also suggest you checking out the Tours D'elegance. It doesnt make much sense to see all them to parked in Carmel as you'll see them on Sunday. BUT, I would suggest going out to what is called Laureles Grade to watch the Tour pass through. This part of the route has a high elevation change and has a lot of curves so that's probably the most exciting place to see the actualy Concours cars driving. Concorso Italiano has evolved into a rather large event, not to be missed by the Ferrari or Lamborghini lovers. Though the event at Quail Lodge is much, much more exclusive and more intimate. (haven't been, but I heard it's great). If you want to go to this, I suggest you get tickets right away, as they do sell out well before the show.

Another thing to do is sign up for some of the auctions. If you have someone who is actually interested in bidding, then you can get tickets cheaper. If not, you can still get tickets to go just as a spectator, though they're a tad more expensive. The one to go to is the Gooding and Co. auctions, which are located in Pebble Beach at the Equestrian Center.

Obviously you aren't going to be able to do everything, so you're going to have to pick and choose what exactly your priorities are and what you'd like to see. For a good restaurant with a good view, check out Mission Ranch, which is owned by Clint Eastwood. Food is reasonably price ($20/$30), but it isn't fine dining as they say. Another "institution" is Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley. That is essentialy THE car place around here. I guarantee you that it will be very busy there and Mission Ranch and you should try to make reservations as soon as possible. I would also suggest you taking a road trip down Highway 1 to Big Sur. The "finer dining" place to eat there is Rocky Point, while the more "nice burger joint" with a view is called Nepenthe. Two totally different places, it just depends on what you're looking for.

I don't know what you're looking to spend for a hotel room. I know that the Lodge will be completely booked for the Concours participants, but I believe that you could stay at Spanish Bay, which is quite good and located in Pebble Beach, though it won't be the cheapest and you'd need to book well in advance.

Russ

Old 05-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Chris from Cali on security

Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Moe had a great time last year. I almost went with him that time as well. But my son couldn't attend. If Paul can't go with me, I don't think I could bear it. He is my car watching partner.

He is in DC with his 8th grade class this whole week.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I have not seen Chris for a while. Wonder what's up with him.

Quick Reply: F1 - The Official Monaco GP Pre-Race, Practice, Qualifying and Race Banter Thread