Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 - The Official Monaco GP Pre-Race, Practice, Qualifying and Race Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I think that Lewis Hamilton could do very well at Monaco. The McLaren's weaknesses are in the high speed turns. There are none in Monaco. He will do well - maybe even win the race - and people will start buying him in the Fantasy League. His value will shoot up. But then he likely won't win again.

Don't get fooled by Lewis' performance at Monaco. He is my favorite driver. But McLaren just doesn't have the car this year.
So what you're telling me is that I shouldn't have dropped him?

Old 05-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
So what you're telling me is that I shouldn't have dropped him?
It depends on who you got for him. If you swapped him for Barrichello just after the race in Spain then you did very well. If you got a 2 for 1 you did well too. But any other 1 for 1 trade would have been a mistake just before the one race that I think he will win this year.

More importantly, I am saying that - no matter how well he does at Monaco - it would be a mistake to add him. One strategy that works is to add him just after the race, take all of his increase. Then when you think he is at peak value sell him off. That's what I did with Barrichello. I wanted Lewis for Vettel but I never had enough money. So I sold Lewis for Barrichello, took all of his increase in the hysteria following Spain, and then sold him for Vettel. Now my lineup is:

Button
Vettel
Massa
Alonso
Rosberg

I dumped Kimi for Rosberg. If Alonso reaches a point where I can unload him for Trulli, I will make that move.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I did a nice little 3 for 4 trade. I dropped Kimi, Jarno, and Lewis for Massa, Alonso, Rosberg, and Kubica.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

Nice

i am chickening with my new team... having Massa and Raikkonen

please tell me its going to be okay

Old 05-15-2009, 04:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Bonita
^^^

Nice

haha I'm not going to lie to you, Bonita. You are probably screwed....

Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

Nice

It'll be OK if they qualify on fumes and lock out the front row. Otherwise...

Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Monaco is narrow and full of turns. It is extremely hard to pass. My prediction is Button on the pole and for the win with Bari and Wettel or Webber joining him on the podium.

Maybe if the whole KERS thing worked out the way it was envisioned we might have seen more of that "push the button for a burst to pass" type of stuff, but unfortunately things didn't work out that way for this year.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by BigE
Monaco is narrow and full of turns. It is extremely hard to pass. My prediction is Button on the pole and for the win with Bari and Wettel or Webber joining him on the podium.

Maybe if the whole KERS thing worked out the way it was envisioned we might have seen more of that "push the button for a burst to pass" type of stuff, but unfortunately things didn't work out that way for this year.
If there was ever a track not to use KERS, this would be the one. It'd just be dead weight on the car this weekend.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alzilla
If there was ever a track not to use KERS, this would be the one. It'd just be dead weight on the car this weekend.
+1 Very true.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

Nice

I am flying with Kimi, Massa, Vettel, and Button. Might make re-arrangements though.

Quick Reply: F1 - The Official Monaco GP Pre-Race, Practice, Qualifying and Race Banter Thread