Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

***The Official Australian GP Race Weekend Banter Thread [SPOILERS]***

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Are you kidding??? What kind of pansie would throw in the towel because the other guy is faster?? This is motor racing, you drive balls to the wall! The sandpit is a better place to be than losing a position.
I agree also Vettel getting the sole blame for that situation is bullshit and just shows how stupid the stewards are. They are easily the worst "refs" in all of sports.

I just rewatched on DVR and Kubica totally didn't have to make such a hasty pass at that time with 3 laps left. AND my man Hobbs agrees.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I had the dvr on a bit ago. Had to do the same and now I'm pissed that Vettel is taking the sole blame because KUB messed up also and more imo...

Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Race coverage is starting back up again on SPEED right now. I think I'm gonna switch over from NASCAR and watch the F1 race again to just soak it all in.
See, I dont get that. I would rather watch live short-track racing than a repeat of a race I already saw. Yes, it was a VERY good F1 race, but I already know what happens.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
If we were to break up the banter threads how should we do it?

Here are some options.

1. Keep it one thread.

2. Make 2 threads - 1. Pre-race and 2. race.

3. Make 3 threads - 1. practice, 2. qualifying, and 3. race.

What does everyone think??
I actually think 1 thread per weekend is enough. If you view the forum through "New Posts" there's 3 different "banter" thread (F1 Fantasy, Nascar & This one). With Practice, qualify & Race I'm sure there will be ongoing discussions in every one of them and therefor atleast 1-2 more threads in the New Posts section.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
See, I dont get that. I would rather watch live short-track racing than a repeat of a race I already saw. Yes, it was a VERY good F1 race, but I already know what happens.
I know. I'm just procrastinating because I don't want to write a few papers this afternoon.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:06 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
wish i could see the honda board's reaction. bravo indeed.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:12 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Vettel also lost the backend due to his tyres, he couldnt pull the car up and get out of the way if he wanted to.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Are you kidding??? What kind of pansie would throw in the towel because the other guy is faster?? This is motor racing, you drive balls to the wall! The sandpit is a better place to be than losing a position.
First of all I dint blame anyone of them in particular if you can read carefully, they are both victims of their own stupidness. 2nd, No points instead of 2nd and 3rd is better? Vettel knew he had the softer tires and wouldn't have the grip Kubica had hitting them corners and there were 3 laps to go, it wasn't like the last corner. Even he didn't stand up for what he did and you're acting like you know it all. It's the first race of the season not a championship point.

Last edited by Mayoof; 03-29-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mayoof
^^^ Vettel Knew that Kubica had him for pace, and with three laps to go he had no chance. He should've accepted his defeat and opted for 3rd place. On the other hand Kubica should've thought that with his pace he could've still outrun him with three laps to go instead of pushing closer to him when Vettel was committed by breaking earlier.
I am leaning towards agreeing with Mayoof. Isn't this the very reason that the drivers didn't like the new system where wins determine the championship? If wins determined the championship then I would totally understand Vettel's "don't let him by" manuevers. But given that his choice was to either let Kubica by - which I believe was inevitable for Vettel and maybe even Jenson - and score a third place finish thereby collecting valuable points or get NOTHING AT ALL, the smart thing to do would have been to concede the position and live to fight another day.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Lemme quote a certain Dale Earnhardt.

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."

I have far more respect for the guy who gave it all and crashed than for the one who "plays it safe". That's just an excuse for not having the guts to drive the hell out of your car.

Quick Reply: ***The Official Australian GP Race Weekend Banter Thread [SPOILERS]***