Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I tells you the last performance on the website when your picking your guys. Well that past two years anyway...

Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Oh ok. I wasn't sure if it was the drivers overall finishing stats for the previous two seasons or for that just that race.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
My Top 5. But what the hell do I know down in 7th place

No. 48 Jimmie Johnson: It is tough not to pick the native Californian. Johnson won the past two August races at Fontana and has posted top three finishes in five of the last seven races at the facility.

No. 99 Carl Edwards: Edwards has finished sixth or better in eight of his nine Cup starts at Fontana. He won last February's race at the track and is one of my favorites to win again this weekend.

No. 18 Kyle Busch: Busch has finished in the top 10 in the past seven races at Fontana. He is a great fantasy pick.

No. 24 Jeff Gordon: Gordon has three career wins at Fontana and had one of the best cars on the track during last February's race. He is a good choice this weekend.

No. 17 Matt Kenseth: Kenseth, the latest lucky winner at Daytona, has won two of the last six races at Fontana. He should finish in the top 10 again this weekend, but I don't see another win.

Two of these 5 is a must.

As for Guess Who and his faith in Dale Jr., Fontana is a track where Junior has had decent success during his career. He should crack the top 10…if he doesn't take himself and 10 other drivers out of the race like last week.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-19-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
My top 5 for Fontana:

#99 Carl Edwards
#48 Jimmie Johnson
#24 Jeff Gordon
#39 Ryan Newman
#36 Scott Riggs

We'll see how it goes on race day!

Dana, how the heck did you afford all those guys on just $100???

Last edited by Alzilla; 02-19-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Dana, how the heck did you afford all those guys on just $100???
You can't. Note at the bottom I say that you must pick 2 of those 5 to anchor your team. You can afford two of them and still have a pretty balanced group.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I just made the startling realization that I know longer hate NASCAR. I'm not going to go so far as to say I love it, but I don't despise it with every fiber of my being anymore. I'm hoping these feelings are changing just because there isn't any other racing on TV. If I fall in love with my cousin though, I'm blaming you guys!

Old 02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
If I fall in love with my cousin though, I'm blaming you guys!
If the likely scenario of you falling in love with your male cousin occurs, who are you going to blame for that?

Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by BigE
If the likely scenario of you falling in love with your male cousin occurs, who are you going to blame for that?
Obama.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
My Top 5. But what the hell do I know down in 7th place

No. 48 Jimmie Johnson: It is tough not to pick the native Californian. Johnson won the past two August races at Fontana and has posted top three finishes in five of the last seven races at the facility.

No. 99 Carl Edwards: Edwards has finished sixth or better in eight of his nine Cup starts at Fontana. He won last February's race at the track and is one of my favorites to win again this weekend.

No. 18 Kyle Busch: Busch has finished in the top 10 in the past seven races at Fontana. He is a great fantasy pick.

No. 24 Jeff Gordon: Gordon has three career wins at Fontana and had one of the best cars on the track during last February's race. He is a good choice this weekend.

No. 17 Matt Kenseth: Kenseth, the latest lucky winner at Daytona, has won two of the last six races at Fontana. He should finish in the top 10 again this weekend, but I don't see another win.

Two of these 5 is a must.

As for Guess Who and his faith in Dale Jr., Fontana is a track where Junior has had decent success during his career. He should crack the top 10…if he doesn't take himself and 10 other drivers out of the race like last week.
As long as no one tries to block him when hes has a huge run on them everyone should be ok this week, and not just Jr. but the whole Hendrick team should do well this week, so we will see how it plays out.

There's another little contest I am doing as well where if you pick the top 12 drivers and their finishing order you win the amount that the winning driver gets. Here's the link.

Home Page :: Pepsi Race Day Payday

Oh and I created a league for this as well.

League is : Teamspeed
Password is: Teamspeed

Old 02-21-2009, 04:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by GuessWho
As long as no one tries to block him when hes has a huge run on them everyone should be ok this week, and not just Jr. but the whole Hendrick team should do well this week, so we will see how it plays out.

There's another little contest I am doing as well where if you pick the top 12 drivers and their finishing order you win the amount that the winning driver gets. Here's the link.

Home Page :: Pepsi Race Day Payday

Oh and I created a league for this as well.

League is : Teamspeed
Password is: Teamspeed
Nice work! I might have to join that too.

Quick Reply: NASCAR - Teamspeed Nascar Challenge - News, Banter and Discussion Thread