Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

1961 Ferrari 250GT California

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009 | 08:19 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Neel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond repute
i know... hence the only words i posted along with the pics.. "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
The car is so amazing, only difference i spotted was the movie car has mirrors, while this car does not. Also this car won 1st place at Pebble Beach.

Old 05-04-2009 | 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
If I am not mistaken, the car used in the movie was not authentic. It was a kit car that was pretty common in the 80s. They dubbed the director's 308 exhaust over the top to make it sound like a Ferrari.

Old 05-04-2009 | 09:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
If I am not mistaken, the car used in the movie was not authentic. It was a kit car that was pretty common in the 80s. They dubbed the director's 308 exhaust over the top to make it sound like a Ferrari.

I believe that was given away by the fact they trashed it......as great as that movie is, the first time I saw it I almost cried at that part

Old 05-04-2009 | 10:52 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Neel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond reputeNeel has a reputation beyond repute
your right... "A little-known fact is that the stunt stand-in was a replica called the Modena. The company that manufactured this vehicle changed hands a few times, only to suffer an untimely demise due to poor management " Ferrari Spyder Replica Kit - Featured Vehicles - Kit Car Magazine

Old 05-05-2009 | 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
From: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Neel
It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. :banana:

WOW, how cool!
awesome car, nice pics
Thanks