Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New Golf R

Old 04-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
First off congrats on the baby , secondly congrats on the Golf R . It looks really nice. I can't wait to see how it ends up after you mod it.

Quick question though on your mod list you posted you have Porsche BBK, pardon my ignorance but can you put a Porsche BBK on the Golfs? I'm assuming that some parts across VWs various ranges are interchangeable but wow I'm surprised that brakes are as well.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by domesticdemon
First off congrats on the baby , secondly congrats on the Golf R . It looks really nice. I can't wait to see how it ends up after you mod it.

Quick question though on your mod list you posted you have Porsche BBK, pardon my ignorance but can you put a Porsche BBK on the Golfs? I'm assuming that some parts across VWs various ranges are interchangeable but wow I'm surprised that brakes are as well.
You can put every caliper type on every car as long as you fabricate the proper caliper-carrier. That's in theory. But you always have to calculate first the total contact surface of the caliper pistons and if it's bigger than your Master Cylinder contact surface, the pedal feel will be dissapointing.
Sorry Chris for answering ahead of you

Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
nice looking R. congrats Chris!

Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty much set on LM-Rs in diamond black, 18x8.5", but I'm not sure of the offset I'll need for this car (stock wheels are 18x8"). If anyone wants to help, I'm all ears.

EDIT - TS vendor sponsors: I'll buy these wheels (BBS LM-R diamond black, 18x8.5", Golf R offset and ET) and Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 235/40/18 ASAP. So help me out!

After talking to Teff, I'm 99% sure I'll go with these brakes:

GOLF R Brakes - Alcon Advantage Extreme front - www.jdl-brakes.com

Name:  alcon2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  636.8 KB

Last edited by Chris from Cali; 04-02-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to beholdTEFF is a splendid one to behold
Congrats for your brakes. My kit should arrive this week
I've got my brakes from JDL-Brakes also. Daniel, the owner it's a top guy

I think you should take an offset beetween 42-45 to clear the brakes. OEM wheels are ET51

Last edited by TEFF; 04-02-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TEFF
Congrats for your brakes. My kit should arrive this week
I've got my brakes from JDL-Brakes also. Daniel, the owner it's a top guy

I think you should take an offset beetween 42-45 to clear the brakes. OEM wheels are ET51
Stefan -

Thanks again for your help! I'll check with the wheel vendors. Hopefully there is an off-the-shelf fitment.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Love the Golf R. wish I could drive one but they seem to have sold out really fast around here

Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Th3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura aboutTh3oZ has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I'm pretty much set on LM-Rs in diamond black, 18x8.5", but I'm not sure of the offset I'll need for this car (stock wheels are 18x8"). If anyone wants to help, I'm all ears.

EDIT - TS vendor sponsors: I'll buy these wheels (BBS LM-R diamond black, 18x8.5", Golf R offset and ET) and Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 235/40/18 ASAP. So help me out!

After talking to Teff, I'm 99% sure I'll go with these brakes:

GOLF R Brakes - Alcon Advantage Extreme front - www.jdl-brakes.com

With 8 and 8.5x19 you want an et of 43-48. You can lower it with that setup pretty good as well. So it should be similar with 18".

Congrats on the brakes.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hey Chris

Any update? My brakes will arrive next week after 4 months of waiting

I recommend you get the STaSIS kit if you don't want to wait.4 months

Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Watch this space.
Just waiting to hear back from Arling about the wheels (getting BBS for my wife, too). I've got my mod list planned, but I'm waiting about 6 months to start modding as I find out what I like/dislike about the stock car. I suppose I should make sure I get my brakes ordered with such a long lead time. I'd like to do the suspension at the same time as the brakes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New Golf R