Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Anyone got the 2011 5.0 Mustang yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
26mpg? wow

Old 08-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SilverOne is on a distinguished roadSilverOne is on a distinguished road
Go with the Boss 302 version and check the Laguna Seca options box; except for the lame exhaust it looks pretty neat.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not paying someone to change brakes/fluids/consumables etc regardless of the car.

It doesn't 'show' on service history so indeed, whichever car I own will only see the dealership at regulated intervals.

Running a race BMW has taught me the ways of self spannering :-)

However, the Porsche is expensive compared to the other cars, so its not the favourite, and the 5L Mustang looks to be awesome, hence wanting some user opinions.

That said, the Z06 looks like it'd hold value well. And they are not expensive.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
26mpg? wow
At UK/Europe gas prices, its low.

At USA gas prices, who cares?

Old 08-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
ZO6 if you're serious about tracking.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I'm definitely swaying towards the Mustang, mostly because it'd be new and cheap.

And being English, I think I should buy something V8 and American at least once.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:26 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
I personally did not drive the car, but I can say that the mustang handles a little too good to be a solid axle car. In the right hands, it's a canyon carver. And it sounds mean. From what I have read and have seen, the 5.0 seems to be a great value.

Good luck! with any of your choices you are going to enjoy them either way.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:30 PM
MGM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond repute
I've driven a couple, lots of fun and surprising its solid rear axle. It's actually kinda surprising how close the specs are to an M3. Power is smooth and the new 6 speed is really nice. Plus with options like nav, sync, brembo, etc it has a lot of high end features.

If you're going to track the car I would def not consider the Camaro, I've driven them back to back in an autocross and was astonished how much better the mustang felt!

Yes x-plan is pretty much invoice, very good deal for the customer.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Montana
And being English, I think I should buy something V8 and American at least once.
It's really hard to hold onto the European 'yes, but our engines are so high-tech' attitude after planting your foot in a pushrod V8. The whole Martini Girl torque (any time, anywhere) is a real pleasure, and the fuel economy you get from modern V8s is pretty astonishing. The only thing you might miss is the high-rpm sizzle you get from some non-American-V8 cars, but the Corvette Z06 revs to about 7k IIRC, which is not that much less than a standard Carrera.

Speaking of that, though, within the pushrod V8 spectrum, nothing will touch a lightly-used C6 Vette for the money you're looking at. On a twisty road, or at the track, it's a way superior platform to the Mustang. In positioning terms, the Mustang is a competitor to the Camaro, which is forever the lesser sibling to the Corvette in the GM hierarchy. In the same way that a Cayman will never be allowed to really challenge the 911 by Porsche, the Corvette is a clear step above the Camaro (and thus, the Mustang).

It's a great car, but if you want to hit the track, any of these cars will need some work before they'll survive proper track work, and there's much more support for the Corvette platform in that area.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:10 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
5.0 ftw, I drove a GT500 today for the first time its unbelievable and manual gearbox with the short shifter is much fun.

Quick Reply: Anyone got the 2011 5.0 Mustang yet?