Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Do all Vette & Viper lovers dislike the Nissan GT-R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:02 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Do all Vette & Viper lovers dislike the Nissan GT-R?

Just curious what your take is on it. Any time I read articles about the new GT-R outperforming Vettes & Vipers, if the article is open for comments, I always notice a bunch of pissed off american muscle car fans dogging the GT-R in denial of it's performance and saying it's ugly. Do you guys feel that way?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Nope, Porsche owners don't either LOL

Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
Nope, Porsche owners don't either LOL
ha very funny interesting comment coming from a guy that drives a Nismo G35

Old 02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
ha very funny interesting comment coming from a guy that drives a Nismo G35
LOL I love my G35, soon replaced by an M5 although! But as for the GTR, it does nothing for me in every way, 3800 lbs without looking anywhere else in the car's flaws seals the deal for me :/

Old 02-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light
Some of you guys are too quick to judge. Especially if you've never been in any variant GTR. Just wait until it hits US shores and you can see it, touch it and drive it before you pass judgement. The GTR has been at the top of its game for close on 20 years and has always offered supercar performance at bang for your buck prices. Nissan and most Japanese companies always under shoot the power figures for their cars. Figure on it making at the wheels what Nissan claims at the flywheel.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I don't think you understand.. Most of us could care less about it's underrated HP at the crank/wheels or damn brake pedal... It has great technology sure, to overcome lot's of other humps..

I for one like nimble/lightweight SPORTS CARS, this car does nothing for me in the looks department or anywhere else. Yes it's a great bang for the buck, but just not for me and I as well as the rest of us are entitled to our opinions. I never said it was a bad car, just not my idea of a super car!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I'm a vette and viper lover, and I can't stand it.

Though largely because it's ugly and doesn't have a man pedal. I love the R33/34.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
It's ugly, and it's missing a pedal.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
I don't think you understand.. Most of us could care less about it's underrated HP at the crank/wheels or damn brake pedal... It has great technology sure, to overcome lot's of other humps..

I for one like nimble/lightweight SPORTS CARS, this car does nothing for me in the looks department or anywhere else. Yes it's a great bang for the buck, but just not for me and I as well as the rest of us are entitled to our opinions. I never said it was a bad car, just not my idea of a super car!
hehe fair enough. Still, don't know of too many Porsche's that have been banned from competition!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:53 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
the v spec should address the major concerns. weight reduction, manual transmission, more power.

ATL: people are going to hate on you from all sides, get used to it. many are upset there is another competitor in the ring that can keep up with or is faster than their car. this is obviously retarded as the more competition there is in the industry the better choices we will have in the future.

Quick Reply: Do all Vette & Viper lovers dislike the Nissan GT-R?