Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Do all Vette & Viper lovers dislike the Nissan GT-R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:36 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Vette owners dislike the Porsche Turbo big time and that is an experience I always face, Friend (Z06 owner) I hate the 997 TT it goes like an electric gofl cart

Me: It has a very good heritage and is voted the Car of the year numerous times.

Z06 owner (friend): um okay who cares, the Z06/ZR1 are faster and are cheaper.. with the price of a loaded turbo I can get the ZR1 to 1,000hp

Old 02-20-2008, 10:33 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
the v spec should address the major concerns. weight reduction, manual transmission, more power.

ATL: people are going to hate on you from all sides, get used to it. many are upset there is another competitor in the ring that can keep up with or is faster than their car. this is obviously retarded as the more competition there is in the industry the better choices we will have in the future.
can't we all just get along (and admit that the GT-R is a contender)

Old 02-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
forhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond repute
I will concede that it is a contender, but a damn ugly one.

BTW I think vettes suck, like Vipers and love P cars.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:03 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by forhamilton

Ha.. i do love Porsches. I had a 986, not even a 911 but I loved every minute of it. So for me to go to a Nissan, is a big change. I don't think Vettes/Vipers suck I just think it's funny how hostile and in denial they are about the fact that the lowly Nissan is faster 0-60, 1/4, and around Nurburgring.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond repute
Japan hasn't had any really great super cars since the Supra ans RX7. Not a big fan of the Rice period, loved the R33/34. I Hate Vipers, I only like the C6ZO6 and love P-cars.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
forhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Ha.. i do love Porsches. I had a 986, not even a 911 but I loved every minute of it. So for me to go to a Nissan, is a big change. I don't think Vettes/Vipers suck I just think it's funny how hostile and in denial they are about the fact that the lowly Nissan is faster 0-60, 1/4, and around Nurburgring.
The Z06 fell short in build quality and overall quality. Too many issues. And I seriously don't even want to go in to that conversation.

Vipers are track proven and I think they have some raw, mean sex appeal.

I see more hostility from the P car guys.

I actually loved the NSX in almost every way. I thought Acura missed the mark by about 50 horsepower at the time.

Overall Nissan IMHO does not have the same build quality as Toyota or Honda, but we shall see. I don't think anybody's hatin', I just think at some point everyone believes a page will be turned on the new Nissan that reveals something bad.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by forhamilton

Big word to that.... BTW can't wait to get into an ACR, will be a BLAST

Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the Z06, I like Viper and I cant stand the GT-R. So far they claimed so much but I have not seen the proof. Maybe it's all the media thats overhyping the image of the car, but I just dont see how with less power and more weight it can be faster than Z06.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:51 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ss7
I love the Z06, I like Viper and I cant stand the GT-R. So far they claimed so much but I have not seen the proof. Maybe it's all the media thats overhyping the image of the car, but I just dont see how with less power and more weight it can be faster than Z06.
Proof? Turn your speakers up...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8

Old 02-21-2008, 12:07 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Proof? Turn your speakers up...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8
And your point is? I dont see them comparing both cars side by side, on same tires, with equally skilled drivers... given that I can say it is fare. But I cant trust some editor queers with that kind of info. On a side note, I cant stand edmunds as much as the new GT-R, they have proven to be useless.

Quick Reply: Do all Vette & Viper lovers dislike the Nissan GT-R?