Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

zr1 or gallardo sl?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Superleggera any day...

If I were to EVER get a Z06, it would be like an 07-08 with the LS7, fully redo suspension, light mods, set of lightweight wheels and stickies, new seats, LWFW, etc lol...

Old 03-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
Originally Posted by hugo
Hey,i have never bought a car based on it's investment potential ,you should see the cracked wind screens and stone chipped fronts of my cars...i usually replace/paint every 6 months....
even when i buy a classic car the only investment aspect is the $$$ i have to pour into them
CTR should be hold its value, yeah, the maintenance and up keep are a loss, but what the hey, rushing down a street with no one around, running at redline, feeling the vibrations, and hearing the motor scream... priceless!

Old 03-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
ZR1, the Lambo is AWD which is a no-no in my book.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pinoyamg
Just out of curiosity, why?
I haven't driven either car but I've seen both and the Superleggera has a much better interior and exterior then the ZR1. I understand the Superleggera doesn't have the performace of the ZR1 but with the SL looks and the sound it wouldn't matter to me. I'm not a Corvette fan, I'm a huge Lambo fan. That's me personally I have a couple friends who would give anything for a ZR1. Either way you can't go wrong.

Last edited by JonA85; 03-02-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
I haven't driven either car but I've seen both and the Superleggera has a much better interior and exterior then the ZR1. I understand the Superleggera doesn't have the performace of the ZR1 but with the SL looks and the sound it wouldn't matter to me. I'm not a Corvette fan, I'm a huge Lambo fan. That's me personally I have a couple friends who would give anything for a ZR1. Either way you can't go wrong.
+1...

Completely personal pref. but I'd take the SL any day. I just can't fall in love with corvettes. I know they perform well but the SL is no slouch and the incremental difference would be completely lost on somebody like me so I'm going to go with the car that makes my heart beat faster which by a million miles is the SL in this case. Not to mention the fact that I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a car with the vettes interior...

Old 03-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
Certainly. The new Lambos depreciate faster than an Alfa. The SL less so, but I doubt the cars will be worth anything near their purchase price again for a good long while.

The ZR-1 will likely end up increasing in value pretty quickly, as has been the case with the Ford GT.
I agree, with the current state of GM, there's a definite possibility that the ZR-1 will be the last hyper vette for quite some time (if not ever). Add the fact that it goes like stink and can run down an Enzo and my mind would be already made up.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
I never cared for Corvettes, but if you're into it, the ZR-1 would make a far and away superior daily driver than the Gallardo. Chevy reliability + dealer network vs Lamborghini? No question. You could take the ZR-1 across the desert or on road trips without thinking twice. The Gallardo would be an adventure to own, that's for damn sure...but that's not always a good thing

So I guess it depends on how much you intend to drive it.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
If it were me I would most likely go with the Lambo. I love the ZR1, but I absolutely hate the interior. I think you would have fun driving both, granted the ZR1 will be faster, but they will both put a smile on your face. The only thing that would deter me from getting the SL is that the LP560 is a better car in both looks and performance.

At the end of the day go with what makes you happiest. Drive them both, and see what feels right to you.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sean
I never cared for Corvettes, but if you're into it, the ZR-1 would make a far and away superior daily driver than the Gallardo. Chevy reliability + dealer network vs Lamborghini? No question. You could take the ZR-1 across the desert or on road trips without thinking twice. The Gallardo would be an adventure to own, that's for damn sure...but that's not always a good thing

So I guess it depends on how much you intend to drive it.
Neither would be my daily driver.... the parking we get are horrible, and on a windy day, which there are a few, door dings are the norm.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Easy answer! SL! If you can afford the exotic why anything else. Corvettes are a dime a dozen and can be seen every day several times a day. The excitement of hearing and driving a Lamborghini is well worth it. Exotic cars are a whole new level and shouldn't even be compared to a Corvette unless money is a issue.

Quick Reply: zr1 or gallardo sl?