Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

zr1 or gallardo sl?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Investment value...you have got to be kidding. Nothing is an investment these days. Check your home value lately. Cars are sinking like rocks. Just look on ebay.
No, actually I'm not. The car will appreciate a lot faster than most other things, the short term economic downturn doesn't have any impact on that save for people flipping cars in the immediate future.

My home value hasn't changed at all, because I don't live in a bubble zone that was hyper-inflated by stupid people, not that it has any bearing on the subject at hand.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
I would not think for a second - the ZR1,totaly much more of a sports car you will enjoy driving and pushing than the Lambo.

btw,neither car is what i would put into the investment car category so it's the fun factor that counts - ZR1 FTW

Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Zr1

Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
pinoyamg... you need to be more specific on the intended use in order to figure out which to take.

i would take the zr1 any day, but if looks were more important to me.. then the sl. if its for ocasional spirited driving the sl might excite you more. for regular track use the zr1. for more regular driving the zr1.

for investment....... take a handful of 100 dollar bills and flush them down the toilet on a weekly basis. no chance of making money on these things.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h-bo
pinoyamg... you need to be more specific on the intended use in order to figure out which to take.

i would take the zr1 any day, but if looks were more important to me.. then the sl. if its for ocasional spirited driving the sl might excite you more. for regular track use the zr1. for more regular driving the zr1.

for investment....... take a handful of 100 dollar bills and flush them down the toilet on a weekly basis. no chance of making money on these things.

I'm also surprised that ZR1 is a choice of quite a few people, good to know there is some ZR1 love out there

Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
I'm actually first on the list for a zr1 in two of the major gm dealerships in "small" town... it is still uncertain that they are going to be getting their allocation at this time.... I'd prefer to get both but in this economy, I need to restrict myself to one toy... for now. So if I were to do the deal with the gallardo, and the zr1 gets built, I may have to finance the zr1, which I truly prefer not to... In short, I am simply getting the "itch" for a car, while I'm waiting for my zr1. None of the cars should truly be purchased for investment reasons, they should just be driven and enjoyed for what they were designed for, unless your "hugo", with a ctr, you could do both!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pinoyamg
I'm actually first on the list for a zr1 in two of the major gm dealerships in "small" town... it is still uncertain that they are going to be getting their allocation at this time.... I'd prefer to get both but in this economy, I need to restrict myself to one toy... for now. So if I were to do the deal with the gallardo, and the zr1 gets built, I may have to finance the zr1, which I truly prefer not to... In short, I am simply getting the "itch" for a car, while I'm waiting for my zr1. None of the cars should truly be purchased for investment reasons, they should just be driven and enjoyed for what they were designed for, unless your "hugo", with a ctr, you could do both!
Hey,i have never bought a car based on it's investment potential ,you should see the cracked wind screens and stone chipped fronts of my cars...i usually replace/paint every 6 months....
even when i buy a classic car the only investment aspect is the $$$ i have to pour into them

Old 03-01-2009, 11:26 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Those are both great choices. I definitely wouldn't pay over MSRP for the ZR1 unless you're just dead set on getting it immediately. Even then I would wait, it will come back down in price.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond repute
I would have the ZR1 just because I do not like the flash of most lambos.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Like many people in this thread have stated, the SL in much more "flashy" and will draw a crowd everywhere you go, whether you like it or not.

Numerous magazine tests have show that the ZR1 gives absolute top-level supercar performance with everyday drivability. The reliability remains to be seen, but it is pretty safe to assume it will be far above anything from Italy and Germany.

While it is no Lambo or Ferrari, the ZR1 does have quite a bit of "presence" for a Vette. It definitely looks the part....low, wide and mean. If I were to get a ZR1 (a day which I do hope come soon) it would be that "Blue Devil" blue color and I would change two things on it immediately;
1) Have the stock wheels redone in a matte charcoal dark color.
2) Change the hood out to a bare carbon finer finish (clearcoated), with no clear window.

Quick Reply: zr1 or gallardo sl?