Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wtdoom
They are NOT 2 years away on the external design of the car .
I rarely write things like this this but every time I do it is first hand and I am never wrong .like the p1 , its interior ( even down to the buttons on the wheel ) the 918 details , 4.0 gt3rs etc etc .
The mini Mac design has been seen gentlemen . I'm not commenting on for sale date because I have no knowledge or interest in this event
Well, I said production is two years away, not the design.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Alex doesn't care - he only knows how to cut & paste links.

Resizing images as a courtesy to other forum members is beyond his mental grasp. I've reported the post - hopefully a moderator will get to it soon as Alex didn't even care to self-edit when I called him on it either, and now it's too late.

>8^)
ER
Done, thanks E.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Loving that pic of the blue in the back of the car . Am concerned about cooling however as I know how much effort , time and expense Porsche put into theirs . Guaranteed full power in all conditions at all times is no joke . The 918 has had every reliability , temperature etc etc test that the Boxster has .
Also concerned about the Tyres , last time I was there they hadn't decided on Tyres yet when Porsche had been working with a a manufacturer for two years .
You're concerned that Mclaren, the pinnacle of the car world, hasn't done enough for cooling because Porsche publicized how long it took them? Same with the tires, it's not like they are just going to call tire rack when it's time to produce these bad boys. When has mclaren ever failed at the basics?

Great new info Eric! Most exciting update in a while.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Elion_Arro is an unknown quantity at this point
So, does anyone think this will weigh less than the rumored 2799lbs that the Ferrari is supposed to weigh?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Elion_Arro
So, does anyone think this will weigh less than the rumored 2799lbs that the Ferrari is supposed to weigh?
Does anyone actually believe the Ferrari will come in at that weight?

>8^)
ER

Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would be shocked if the P1 weighs more than the F70.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I think you have nothing to fear, but it should be close though. Ferrari's idea of integrating the seats directly into their chassis structure is a good one as seats have to be strong enough to hold up in a crash, and thus they end up being pretty good boat anchors too.

>8^)
ER

Old 02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Elion_Arro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Does anyone actually believe the Ferrari will come in at that weight?

>8^)
ER
Yeah, I just took the number from the Ferrari thread. I guess they're just rumors coming from the private showings, and it does seem unlikely. I'm still not completely sold on the 950hp part either. I'm thinking maybe a little less. Either way, I'm still confident the P1 will be faster.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
You're concerned that Mclaren, the pinnacle of the car world, hasn't done enough for cooling because Porsche publicized how long it took them? Same with the tires, it's not like they are just going to call tire rack when it's time to produce these bad boys. When has mclaren ever failed at the basics?

Great new info Eric! Most exciting update in a while.
I own a mclaren among other things and am well aware of the basics that mclaren has failed at and they are many( though perhaps excusable ) . I am on the list for a p1 ( as well as a 918 ) and I have discussed this in my trips to the mclaren technology centre and am not completely comfortable with the answers I was given .
I like to get things from the horses mouth not a publicist .

Last edited by wtdoom; 02-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Great shot of the P1 from Dubai by my friend Effspot Photography:

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 02-20-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar