Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
To achieve the lap record, time must be less than 6:48, otherwise it means that no one takes into consideration the Radical SR8LM record as production vehicle. Made it clear that I do not agree the Radical is a production vehicle, but the regulation contemplates it as such. Rules must be respected.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
New wallpapers: McLaren P1 Prototype

Name:  70358mclar2.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  185.6 KB

Name:  70358mclar3.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  145.4 KB

Name:  70358mclarmclarenleadimage.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  258.0 KB

Even with camo and prototype lamps looks epic.

Last edited by Amzamus; 01-25-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tango
To achieve the lap record, time must be less than 6:48, otherwise it means that no one takes into consideration the Radical SR8LM record as production vehicle. Made it clear that I do not agree the Radical is a production vehicle, but the regulation contemplates it as such. Rules must be respected.
6:48..come on...you really believe this? The MP4-12 was tested at 7:27..if the P1 can shave off 20 seconds - that would already be huge..!

I would guess for ~ 7:10..much quicker is not possible on such a crappy track as the Nürburgring..no aerodynamics can work there..to get the full potential of the car, one needs to go to monza or spa..flat track, high speed corners..this is where it could make the difference..

Old 01-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
^I only make mention of the lap record "6:48 official " to be overcome and claim to be the fastest production car of Nurburgring. I'm adjusting to the rules, not common sense. I never said that McLaren would succeed.

Also, I made clear that I do not agree that the Radical production vehicle to be considered, but according to Wikipedia, both "production" and "street legal" vehicles are not easy to define, are technically the same. The Gumpert representative said that the Apollo is the fastest road car in the Nürburgring, refuses to accept the rules, I believe that their claims are just.

I think Gumpert has the backing of the majority society, and also of other brands, I think the same will happen with Mclaren. I have no knowledge of the lap record that McLaren intends to do.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tango
^I only make mention of the lap record "6:48 official " to be overcome and claim to be the fastest production car of Nurburgring. I'm adjusting to the rules, not common sense. I never said that McLaren would succeed.

Also, I made clear that I do not agree that the Radical production vehicle to be considered, but according to Wikipedia, both "production" and "street legal" vehicles are not easy to define, are technically the same. The Gumpert representative said that the Apollo is the fastest road car in the Nürburgring, refuses to accept the rules, I believe that their claims are just.

I think Gumpert has the backing of the majority society, and also of other brands, I think the same will happen with Mclaren. I have no knowledge of the lap record that McLaren intends to do.
hi tango,

perfect comment from your side..fully agree then. Well, if the lap time from Mclare means, they can be faster then the Gumpert..OK..but with this price tag - it must be faster.

We´ll see the result soon..th real question is rather, how well will it to compared to 918 and enzo successor..

all the best,

Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
6:48..come on...you really believe this? The MP4-12 was tested at 7:27..if the P1 can shave off 20 seconds - that would already be huge..!

I would guess for ~ 7:10..much quicker is not possible on such a crappy track as the Nürburgring..no aerodynamics can work there..to get the full potential of the car, one needs to go to monza or spa..flat track, high speed corners..this is where it could make the difference..
Some very credible people believe the P1 will lap the Ring about 6:55.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
The P1 is in Bahrain

Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GrayTT
The P1 is in Bahrain
OK..then take it for a ride and tell us about the projected lap time..or whatever..

Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Brandon
Some very credible people believe the P1 will lap the Ring about 6:55.
thanks..well, lets see. I remember that when the 4-12 came out it was speculated it could do it in 7:10..the real and final result was way off this number - but still very good.

Maybe 6:55 by its own testdriver, with heated slicks..but I serioulsy doubt it will-could be confirmed by an independent test..

Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar