Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

MP Market

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Hopefully I can convince the wife to let me trade the CTT in for it and still keep my GT2. Love to still have a manual tranny crazy car in the garage. It makes all other cars I have driven feel slow (eg. Vantage, R8 v10, california, TT, CTT and CS). So it would really be hard to part with it.
A GT2 and a MP4 would be an amazing combination. Go drive both of them. The McLaren dealership will gladly let you test drive one. The Ferrari dealership obviously won't but you probably have a friend who owns one. See if you can borrow it. I like all the mags etc but both cars are so amazing that it truly comes down to preferences. The build quality of both cars is amazing. Either way..good luck.

P.S. I agree you HAVE to have a proper manual in the garage. I plan to add a GT3RS as a dedicated track car in the future.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
you seem to have become very bitter when it comes to F-car dealers...

but I have to agree,..they seem to turn things upside down,like you have to be grateful to be allowed/chosen to give a huge slab of money to them

Old 02-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Not bitter. Just dont' like playing games. I understand that it is a supply and demand issue but Ferrari plays lots of games to artificially boost up the demand. The reality is that u can easily find a F458 with very very low miles on it. Just be ready to play the mark up games. In the grand scheme of things..the price of the car really isn't a big concern for somebody willing to put $275-300K for a car.

BTW.... One other negative about the McLaren.. The name sounds like an Fax Machine. I wish they picked a more flowing name. Saying I bought an Italia sounds so much more sexy then saying I bought a MP4 - 12C.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ritesh
The name sounds like an Fax Machine. I wish they picked a more flowing name. Saying I bought an Italia sounds so much more sexy then saying I bought a MP4 - 12C.
But saying I bought a McLaren usually does the trick! Besides everyone knows that all McLarens are MP4s, so simply "12C" should suffice.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by falb
But saying I bought a McLaren usually does the trick! Besides everyone knows that all McLarens are MP4s, so simply "12C" should suffice.
Not only that,you suddenly become a far more interesting guy if your with a group of petrolheads,they have heard it all before with other manufacturers.
At a recent cars and coffee type event in the UK,i was mobbed,at the same event there were 7 458,s,which were fantastic but i did notice two well turned out guys that didnt get the attention they were expecting pack up and leave within 30 minutes !!
Still im sure when an Aventador and 620gt turn up the same will happen to the 12c,but i will be staying to ask questions

Old 02-26-2012, 02:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ritesh
Not bitter. Just dont' like playing games. I understand that it is a supply and demand issue but Ferrari plays lots of games to artificially boost up the demand. The reality is that u can easily find a F458 with very very low miles on it. Just be ready to play the mark up games. In the grand scheme of things..the price of the car really isn't a big concern for somebody willing to put $275-300K for a car.
they sure know how to play the game, and play it very well. tired of that too. it's more like paying an club entry fee than buying a car.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mjc123 is on a distinguished roadmjc123 is on a distinguished roadmjc123 is on a distinguished roadmjc123 is on a distinguished roadmjc123 is on a distinguished road
If ordered today you can get them within 6-8 months, I was told by the dealer. They have one I can buy today at sticker. I drove it and I must say it is as comfortable as a Lexus in normal suspension mode and nearly as quick as my (ex) Ariel Atom. I found the cockpit to be just ever so slightly too small, not the legroom, but the distance to the steering wheel maybe an inch shorter than I would like for casual driving.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Did you try moving the steering wheel? It has the most range of any car I have ever driven.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by falb
Did you try moving the steering wheel? It has the most range of any car I have ever driven.
Have to confirm that,this car has owners of 6 foot 5 inches down to 5 foot that i know of,and still room for a helmet!!