Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Some "Black Magic" from McLaren showing up in CT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Peloton25
These negative opinions on the wheels seem odd to me - I guess because not a single person made that comment about the exact same finish on the McLaren Special Ops car that was unveiled in Pebble Beach this Summer. Not just here on TeamSpeed either - I'm talking anywhere.

Maybe it was the lighting?

>8^)
ER
I agree with your earlier comment, that finish makes the wheels look bigger. I like the look of them especially with the right color calipers and ceramic brakes. I think those wheels with orange calipers on a white care would be unreal.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
These negative opinions on the wheels seem odd to me - I guess because not a single person made that comment about the exact same finish on the McLaren Special Ops car that was unveiled in Pebble Beach this Summer. Not just here on TeamSpeed either - I'm talking anywhere.

Maybe it was the lighting?

>8^)
ER
I don't have an issue at all with the finish that you're referring to, my issue is with the actual spoke design. Those pictures above that you're comparing to actually shows a nice wheel design that doesn't look cheap (which I would have loved to see on black 12C). The wheels on the black McLaren remind me of something I'd see in a 26" size on an SUV in the ghetto.

I'm slightly exaggerating a bit there, but only to get my point across. I realize that McLaren designs everything with a purpose, and that the finish is exquisite...just think they didn't hit their mark on that wheel in particular.

Last edited by bdeitemeyer; 01-03-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
The lightweight wheel on the fire black car is the best option for showing the hubs and brakes, a very open wheel. I nearly opted for them but chose the super light weight multispoke design. Loving SC's car and the diamond cut finish wheels.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:04 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a white one yesterday too bad there is no space in the back to fit the wider "euro" plates, there is not much space.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
McLaren have two rear bumper covers for the 12C - one sized to accept the wide UK/Euro plates and another that takes the more standard sized plates from markets like the USA.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-04-2012, 04:20 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I dont know why the one's over here are U.S spec ?

Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Probably because that's what size Kuwait license plates are?

Kuwait - Number plates around the world

I'm sure you could spec a different rear cover if the plate size was an important issue for you.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-04-2012, 05:31 AM
AMGFanatic
You can get the square plates ie like U.S or Euro like Britain or France etc.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good to me!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:17 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
You can get the square plates ie like U.S or Euro like Britain or France etc.
You should submit an example photo of the wide-style Kuwaiti plate to that website then.

>8^)
ER

Quick Reply: Some "Black Magic" from McLaren showing up in CT!