Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

VIDEO - Chris Harris drives the McLaren MP4 12C

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
No a big fan of the mp4.

Looks a bit dated to me, stylistically compared to the 458

i prefer Jeremy Clarkson's reviews, although CH comes a close second.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
lazerblu is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not just Chris that's fed up with Ferrari's extreme control freak nature, most of the car journo's I follow have moaned about it. Tiff Needel complained about it when testing a 599, and in the Autocar's BBDC2010 the initial lap time set was nearly a second slower than the GT3 RS. Ferrari insisted on another try, and after they had changed the tyres, and done some further fettling, it finally matched it.

YouTube - Britain's Best Driver's Car 2010 by autocar.co.uk

@ 1.44 is interesting

They make fantastic cars! They should just prepare them well, and give them to the reviewer's as other manufacturers do.

Last edited by lazerblu; 02-26-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Decent review. I wish they showed so dry weather testing. I prefer the front end styling of the MP4 and rear end of the F458. However I prefer the interior of the MP4 much more than that of the F458. What I am most concerned about the car/driver interface. So far it looks like the Mp4 won't disappoint.

Can't wait to see if in person and TD it.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm ify with this car. Still excited to see one though.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
The technology sounds amazing. But the styling is bland. The front end looks like a 360 modena.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I have not watched the video.

But I will say that - after his Ferrari rant - I fully expect him to LOVE this car and give it major props.

I think trashing Ferrari is going to backfire on him and hurt his credibility for a while.
I disagree. He doesn't need Ferrari. But then, messengers who deliver truth are OFTEN shot.

This vid was awesome;typical Harris... loved it.