Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

Why is Mas resale so bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Thanks! And also thank you for the comment. I agree completely. The new S sure looks nice. I saw some photos of it early this year from a dealer event and then viewed the ones here as well.
I agree 500-600hp is not necessary, and a major selling point (at least in my area) is the exclusivity in the sense that everybody has A/S8s, M5s, and AMGs. While I love those cars, the QP is much easier on the eyes (and ears!).
I put a few miles on an S8 last year and drove several of the current QP Sports and would take the QP in a heartbeat - it is far more well balanced. I love the thrust of the AMGs, but I still think the Maseratis offer a much different experience and like you said I believe they'll overcome the power "deficiency" they currently face.. I look forward to hopefully getting to drive some of the newer models.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 AM
pjK
Teamspeed Rookie
pjK is an unknown quantity at this point
they break.. alot

Old 11-06-2008, 09:10 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pjK
they break.. alot
Even the new ones from 07' - on ?

Old 11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by DJ
Even the new ones from 07' - on ?
Most of the issues I heard about were with the clutch, so the since ditching the DuoSelect for the ZF that's been helped a bit.
I will be at the new store here soon and if I have a chance I'll see what the techs the say, they usually tell it like it is

Old 11-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If you compare the original M.S.R.P vs it's value at 3 years old on a Quattroporte and compare the same on a big ( i.e; 12 Cyl ) Mercedes or BMW you will find the Maserati does really,really well with it's resale values.

Plus it's cool to have one of approximately 1,500 Stylish Pininfarina bodied,Ferrari built engine equipped cars that come to the USA each year compared to the 30,000 plus each of cookie cutter silver or black BMW 7 series and Mercedes S class that make it here !

Just my .02 ~ But then, I am slightly biased

Last edited by Adrian; 11-10-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLMOTORSPORTS
If you compare the original M.S.R.P vs it's value at 3 years old on a Quattroporte and compare the same on a big ( i.e; 12 Cyl ) Mercedes or BMW you will find the Maserati does really,really well with it's resale values.
That's like telling a girl she's attractive next to Rosie O Donnell ...