Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Do frozen BMWs pose resale issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Do frozen BMWs pose resale issues?

I'm thinking of ordering a frozen gray M5.

My biggest concern is resale given all the issues with repairing Frozen paints (inability to buff, remove scratches etc.)

Would it be difficult to sell a year from now?

Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
If you destroy the paint in a year. You abuse some cars! I personally love the colors. A full clear wrap would solve any paint concerns

Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Redlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond reputeRedlined has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a fan of the look to begin with. I sure would not plan to flip that "radical" look w/o expecting to take a big hit.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
My advice is to pick a gray color you like and satin wrap it... You get the best of both worlds.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
My advice is to pick a gray color you like and satin wrap it... You get the best of both worlds.
^This.

Personally, I just don't see the logic behind BMW's frozen line of cars.

1) They cost a lot more.
2) They require special cleaning attachments i.e. more of a hassle to clean.
3) You will be reluctant to drive them because of #2.

M cars are the type of cars you want to drive everyday without worrying about paint and how you're going to clean it. If you want something unique, rather go for a BMW individual colour, but please refrain from going for Frozen colours. It's all marketing hogwash that deters the driving and ownership experience of a M car.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Definitely worse. Seen some Mercedes midnight edition sitting on lots for a while (matte or satin black whatever it is))

When I ordered my c-coupe I considered the Edition 1 except it would only come in matte black which was a deal breaker because it'd be impossible to clean and destroy resale.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
If you destroy the paint in a year. You abuse some cars! I personally love the colors. A full clear wrap would solve any paint concerns
The paint is so soft on the frozen cars that if you ever tried to remove the clear bra it may take some paint off with it. Along with the fact that a "clear" bra actually has shiny aspects to it, which would distort the color of the matte paint. You literally cannot do anything to protect it besides wax, which doesn't do much to prevent rock chips etc.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Its a fad. Not a long term runner.