Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Spied: 2012 BMW M5 (F10) Final version testing and showing the M5 Badge

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011 | 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
stunningcharles is on a distinguished roadstunningcharles is on a distinguished roadstunningcharles is on a distinguished road
Is conservative always a bad thing?

Old 05-09-2011 | 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
^ No, it's not. I've never driven the E39 M5 but from what I'm told, it was conservative but it was an animal! I don't know about everyone else but when I use the word conservative, regarding the M5, I was hoping things on the outside were going to be more aggressive. I just can't wait to drive one, I think that's where they exhausted all their efforts (M division). Also, there isn't anything the aftermarket world can't fix lol! I loved the way the E60 M5 looked, it was perfect....from the mirrors, side grille, wheels, rear fascia etc. Final judgement will be fully reserved for the production version obviously, something about official pics on BMW's site that wins me over and makes their cars look that much better lol.

Old 05-09-2011 | 09:11 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
saw a white one today with as much camo as the one posted...
I think it has the M-appeal and specialty but it doesn`t scream "look at me I`m a badass 500+hp car",which is a good thing imo
but it looks a bit long in the flesh,...

Old 05-09-2011 | 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I like a conservative look in the sense of a "sleeper" look. This is not to be mistaken with bland, which I unfortunately think this car is.

The previous generations, especially the e39, were masters of conveying a subtle agressiveness. It was refined, chisled, and not the least bit flashy. One of my favorite pieces is the black textured plastic moldings that went all the way around. It gave a masculine look and added dimesion to the side panels. No one runs the moldings on the side panels anymore and I think this is why I see the side profile of most new cars quite boring.

Old 05-09-2011 | 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by frshcoupe
I mean, I thought the mirrors would at least be more aggressive and I agree that that the side air pocket looks slapped on. I just don't know what they were thinking. The side air intake looks much better on even the M3, they should have designed it the same way.

With a darker color I think the side intakes won't look so out of place. I think a dark blue or gunmetal...

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor
acuteperformance is on a distinguished roadacuteperformance is on a distinguished roadacuteperformance is on a distinguished roadacuteperformance is on a distinguished roadacuteperformance is on a distinguished road
Uggh wait for the F10 M5 or pickup the Nissan GTR? So tough so tough.

Old 05-15-2011 | 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I like a conservative look in the sense of a "sleeper" look. This is not to be mistaken with bland, which I unfortunately think this car is.
Well put. That's pretty much how I feel about it as well.