Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Spied: 2012 BMW M5 (F10) Final version testing and showing the M5 Badge

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011 | 10:06 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Spied: 2012 BMW M5 (F10) Final version testing and showing the M5 Badge

2012 BMW M5 (F10) Final version testing and showing the M5 Badge

Lo and behold, the next-generation BMW M5 F10 prototype spied testing again in Germany has lost all of its heavy plastic cladding on the front and rear ends. In its place BMW has plastered their famous psychedelic wrappings. Now we can see the overall design of the bumper fascia, more specifically, the magnitude of the air intake pockets. Just in case you were skeptical of its M5 intentions, giveaway signs include the four round tailpipes BMW exclusively assigns to all current and recent M cars plus the large brakes with cross-drilled rotors all around.

As for the engine, speculation has it that the new 4.4-litre twin turbo seen in the X6 M and X5 M with 555 bhp will be used. Not as powerful as the current segment power-king the Audi RS 6 V10 quattro with 571 bhp, however, BMW tends to make up for the power deficiency in driving dynamics. As we lead into the summer testing season spies will sooner or later be able to gather more accurate information about the power-plant.

The full production model will make its public debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, while sales begin in November with prices starting from roughly £75,000. BMW has also confirmed of late a X-Drive variant will be available (First time ever for an M-car) so we will keep you updated on any further test mules and developments as they come our way.

Old 05-09-2011 | 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
What do you mean "as we lead into the winter testing season", I thought the car was going to be available in September??

Old 05-09-2011 | 11:35 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^Typo, good catch!

Old 05-09-2011 | 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Very nice. So, manual too or SMG only?

Old 05-09-2011 | 12:02 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Way too conservative!

Old 05-09-2011 | 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
I know that all M5 cars look like the 5 that they are based off of but the F10 does look a bit conservative. I mean, I thought the mirrors would at least be more aggressive and I agree that that the side air pocket looks slapped on. I just don't know what they were thinking. The side air intake looks much better on even the M3, they should have designed it the same way. Those are my biggest gripes but it will still be a beast of a car I'm sure.

Old 05-09-2011 | 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Well, the e39 and before generations were very conservative as well, so I guess it is going back to the M5 heritage.

Old 05-09-2011 | 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frshcoupe
What do you mean "as we lead into the winter testing season", I thought the car was going to be available in September??
i thought the same?!?!

i heard official order guide could be out as early as late June while the production car will be introduced in early June. now without knowing the source above, production car to be shown at Frankfurt would totally suck. also the suggested HP figure above is not i expected either.

Old 05-09-2011 | 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JP3G is on a distinguished roadJP3G is on a distinguished road
75 pounds? I'll take two!

Old 05-09-2011 | 04:51 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LaneS@macarbon.com
Way too conservative!
Not necessarily a bad thing.

Kind of reminds me of the styling style of E39 M5, which is IMHO, timeless.

Quick Reply: Spied: 2012 BMW M5 (F10) Final version testing and showing the M5 Badge