Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

1 Series M Coupe or a used M3, that will be the question of many!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
only if you are retarded.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
this is a good question. i have 1M on order but i just asked myself the same question. why would i want it if i can afford the M3?

regardless the 1M being lighter etc., it still bugs me instead of calling it M1 BMW decided to go with 1M. i guess i'll decide after driving it. btw, i even prefer if they use the old NA S54 engine instead of the new turbo engine.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
ill have to wait until i drive the 1m, but my gut feeling says that i would go for a used e92 M3....

Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
1 series m. M3 is too big and I don't like the rear. Now if they put that v8 in the 1 that would be perfect!!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
1M, 6 speed, a couple grand in mods. Nice wheels.

In my twisted dream world, I'm imagining HRE P40's painted riviera blue on a white one.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Difficult question and of course I'll have to drive a 1M first. The e92 M3 has been the best all rounder that I've ever owned and that's including the e39 M5. However, if the 1M comes through with its claim to bring back the feel of the e30 M3 it will be truly hard to beat.
I'll keep you posted on that. I had an 88 E30 M3 for a while and it was a VERY fun car.

Originally Posted by 20C4S
this is a good question. i have 1M on order but i just asked myself the same question. why would i want it if i can afford the M3?

regardless the 1M being lighter etc., it still bugs me instead of calling it M1 BMW decided to go with 1M. i guess i'll decide after driving it. btw, i even prefer if they use the old NA S54 engine instead of the new turbo engine.
I've got one coming too Arling. My thoughts are similar to yours but I do like the we'll have some modability with the turbo setup. I won't swap turbos but I'll definitely do an ECU and exhaust.

Originally Posted by jamie
1M, 6 speed, a couple grand in mods. Nice wheels.

In my twisted dream world, I'm imagining HRE P40's painted riviera blue on a white one.
I think that would look VERY good although I think the stockers will look very very good with a slightly lowered stance.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Get the 1M and hopefully some tuners will develop software for it, then buy said tune, stomp the M3, and be better in corners.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
The 1 series looks like a 3 series on cocane...that shrank....the wide eyed look just makes me laugh...
YouTube - SNL - "Great Day" (Cocaine song)

Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
I've got one coming too Arling. My thoughts are similar to yours but I do like the we'll have some modability with the turbo setup. I won't swap turbos but I'll definitely do an ECU and exhaust.

figured wouldn't hurt just to put money down on few of them to be secured.

yea the mod-ability will be great but i kinda want the pureness of the M. for the mass market the turbo set up will be awesome.

u go with white or orange?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PHOTO OF THE YELLOW M3??

i want i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it!!

Quick Reply: 1 Series M Coupe or a used M3, that will be the question of many!