Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

What do you DISLIKE about your GT-R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Gobbles
If you will be sitting in a lot of stop and go traffic the transmission will drive you crazy unless you put it in manual mode and stick it in first or second. It's almost too smart for itself and keeps cycling up/down.

Rear seats are worthless to anything other than legless midgets. I can put my 14 yr old son back there but have to put the seats forward to an uncomfortable position close to the steering wheel.
thanks for your feedback. I'm sure the rear seats are still MUCH better than those in my mkiv supra lol I love that at least they have them. I will be DD-ing it or driving it as much as possible. no weekend warrior here.

Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
yeah the 09 isnt as refined as far as the auto mode goes....
the 12's trans software makes it very daily drivable...very smooth in comparison.

i would just manually shift the 09, although the initial take off is a bit jerky...i bet some tuning would fix it.
I'm in no rush so hopefully we'll see how the 12's prices fare. The 09's are already in the low 60's/high 50's mark. I got nothing but time The whole buying without warranty thing scares the hell out of me

Old 07-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
1) Too many computers, not enough soul.

2) Transmission is useless in traffic. Selecting first while rolling up to a stop light is comical.

3) Heavy.

4) Stupid pop-fasteners that hold half the car together. Everything from the engine bay trim to the wheel liners.

5) $1,000/change transmission fluid.

6) Trans/diffs/engine run hotter than the sun when giving it the beans.

7) Rear seats useless, STUPID bulkhead between rear seats and trunk make certain modifications a PITA.

8) Tries to launch itself into orbit when trans is cold with any amount of throttle input.

Ignoring the shortcomings, they're fun to drive, but nowhere near as fun as a well set up Supra. I'd say keep the Supra and toss a few bucks into it. Unlike the GT-R it's only going to go up in value.

edit: Also, 9) Tire choice is extremely limited given the ridiculous 20" wheels, and the run flats are garbage. ZERO feedback.

Last edited by Simba; 07-24-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
im looking forward to throwing these on my new wheels this week

THE REAL JDM

the 09 isnt as refined and would reflect some of the things he is saying, the 2012 is much better then simba is leading to believe. i would try driving one, they made some nice changes.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:23 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Worst i'm going to buy a GTR thread ever.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
the 2012 is much better then simba is leading to believe.
I've driven one. Some software improvements aside, it still has a lot of the issues I mentioned. There's a lot to like about the car, there's also a lot to dislike from an honestly unbiased review.

As to the R888s, they're great on the track. They're also completely useless in the rain and on a heavy car will grind off inside of 10k miles. There's nothing anything remotely like an acceptable street tire available for the car on the stock wheels, short of running a 285 width tire front and rear, which does help kill some of the horrible stock understeer the car is set up with. That will eventually change when the Pilot Super Sport comes out in some new sizing.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:42 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
I'd say keep the Supra and toss a few bucks into it.
exactly. assuming its a 6 speed mkiv turbo.