Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

What do you DISLIKE about your GT-R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nice
What do you DISLIKE about your GT-R?

short and sweet.....i'm thinking about getting a GT-R and selling my supra. Want something more modern and definitely faster (mines pretty much stock). So what do you owners dislike or even hate about your GT-R? I been reading about the transmissions etc, but with 2nd hand prices where their @ I almost can't resist. I'm in no rush however so let's discuss it.

Cheers

Old 07-03-2011, 08:14 PM
AWG
Teamspeed Senior Member
AWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud ofAWG has much to be proud of
after driving my old gt-r for some time my leg kept burning, the transmission gets really hot! and the car was one of the most fun cars i had,but tuning it was like a blackhole , costs just kept building up and tuning never ended, just kept buying more and more and more stuff for it. eventually my transmission Blew and they told me it will cost 32kUSD for the transmission replacement. no warranty, i did about 70+ launch controls :P. I would recommend getting the 2011 - 2012 car the olds ones had problems with the transmission, but if you planing in tuning it up(transmission, Engine, body...) then go with the old one since they will reinforce everything

But seriously I Love the GT-R so i went ahead ordered a 2011 from the US and sent it to switzer for the R1k and i got it to dubai when my dad sat in it... well... all he said was "sell it or ill burn it! do u want to die?" then my uncle bought it from me and still get to take it when ever i want

my advice to you, buy a GT-R and SEND IT TO SWITZER!!! You wont regret it

My old GT-R(my first car when i turned 18) http://www.gt-rr.com/product.html?m=...r_-_uae&id=328

our new gt-r
https://teamspeed.com/forums/japanes...ody-kit-p.html

Last edited by AWG; 07-03-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
im sad my 09 isnt a 2012...the 2012 is just that much better, but hey the 09 is the daily

its an amazing car, the 2012 is just that much nicer.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AWG
But seriously I Love the GT-R so i went ahead ordered a 2011 from the US and sent it to switzer for the R1k and i got it to dubai when my dad sat in it... well... all he said was "sell it or ill burn it! do u want to die?" then my uncle bought it from me and still get to take it when ever i want

"Do you want to die?"

Old 07-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm i dnt own a gtr so i dnt know if i qualified to post here, but il take my chances,

i like the gtr KINDA, i think its a good daily driver but id never get one, nisan might have gained some customers and street credit picking on porsche but at the same time theyve lost the carera crowd, when i se a gtr on the road i think of it as the enemy, evo vs sti kinda thing, this is the heart speaking

as for the mind, well my cousin has one, maintenance is a bitch, keeps breaking down when tracked, i think its too easy to drive and my lap times are quicker

Old 07-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I like mine because it was very fast and handled well for a car of its size and weight, I hated the interior and cheap Japanese feel, as well styling is so-so imo.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nice
thanks for all the replies thus far. i've also joined nagtroc to try and get some further information. i apologize for not replying sooner but i've been travelling. I'm seeing more and more on the roads...are they common place? Also my budge is only able to reach the 09's. White is my preferential colour, black second. I heard there's some stigma with the red cars...anyone know about that? I could care less really and love the red with black or gold rims. Any other input is greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by AWG
after driving my old gt-r for some time my leg kept burning, the transmission gets really hot! and the car was one of the most fun cars i had,but tuning it was like a blackhole , costs just kept building up and tuning never ended, just kept buying more and more and more stuff for it. eventually my transmission Blew and they told me it will cost 32kUSD for the transmission replacement. no warranty, i did about 70+ launch controls :P. I would recommend getting the 2011 - 2012 car the olds ones had problems with the transmission, but if you planing in tuning it up(transmission, Engine, body...) then go with the old one since they will reinforce everything

My old GT-R(my first car when i turned 18) GT-RR

our new gt-r
https://teamspeed.com/forums/japanes...ody-kit-p.html
yeah i've been dreading the transmission issues. I'm wondering however, how reliable they are if not launched much. The price for replacement is unreal, i'm not definitely not looking for a money pit. I'm also not planning to do any engine mods anytime soon, an exhaust and personal cosmetic adjustments mostly.

Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
im sad my 09 isnt a 2012...the 2012 is just that much better, but hey the 09 is the daily

its an amazing car, the 2012 is just that much nicer.
I will most likely be DD mine at least i'd like to. My budget won't allow for a 2012 so the early model ones for sure.

Originally Posted by Mike S
"Do you want to die?"

Originally Posted by tips
hmmm i dnt own a gtr so i dnt know if i qualified to post here, but il take my chances,

i like the gtr KINDA, i think its a good daily driver but id never get one, nisan might have gained some customers and street credit picking on porsche but at the same time theyve lost the carera crowd, when i se a gtr on the road i think of it as the enemy, evo vs sti kinda thing, this is the heart speaking

as for the mind, well my cousin has one, maintenance is a bitch, keeps breaking down when tracked, i think its too easy to drive and my lap times are quicker
I don't track any of my cars (bitter sweet) with good care from the original owner i've been told their pretty bullet proof

Originally Posted by Marc
I like mine because it was very fast and handled well for a car of its size and weight, I hated the interior and cheap Japanese feel, as well styling is so-so imo.
The 09's interior is a bit of a let down, however the exterior styling and the engineering are a good enough trade off to let it slide.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
If you will be sitting in a lot of stop and go traffic the transmission will drive you crazy unless you put it in manual mode and stick it in first or second. It's almost too smart for itself and keeps cycling up/down.

Rear seats are worthless to anything other than legless midgets. I can put my 14 yr old son back there but have to put the seats forward to an uncomfortable position close to the steering wheel.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a sweet silver lowered GTR today on HRE wheels. Very nice.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
yeah the 09 isnt as refined as far as the auto mode goes....
the 12's trans software makes it very daily drivable...very smooth in comparison.

i would just manually shift the 09, although the initial take off is a bit jerky...i bet some tuning would fix it.

Quick Reply: What do you DISLIKE about your GT-R?