Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Official Run Run Run Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vltsai
Ugh. I don't even know how you do it.

3 quick miles before work today. Might try to fit in 5 tomorrow. We will see though.
It's all about pacing and measuring how you feel. I only had to drink about 12 ounces today but I was taking it easy on the first half. Negative split the second half.
Won't run again until Wednesday. I really need to start hitting some weights in the gym though. I'm
Losing my arms and my legs are getting thinner.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
Shane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to thread jack but do any of you have a suggestion for a shoe to try out? Im a big guy with large flat feet and of course because of all that I overpronate like a champ. Ive tried several aasics but none of them fit properly. Mainly because the arch is too high. Im not looking to be a marathoner. More of a neutral designed shoe that I can do kettle bells and trail running/hiking in. Once again sorry to thread jack but I really have no idea where to look. Thanks.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Shane@AtlantaAutoSalon
Sorry to thread jack but do any of you have a suggestion for a shoe to try out? Im a big guy with large flat feet and of course because of all that I overpronate like a champ. Ive tried several aasics but none of them fit properly. Mainly because the arch is too high. Im not looking to be a marathoner. More of a neutral designed shoe that I can do kettle bells and trail running/hiking in. Once again sorry to thread jack but I really have no idea where to look. Thanks.
That's what the thread is for.

I have wide feet and overpronate (apparently as a result of swimming) and was given these to try from a running store:

Asics Gel Evolution 6

Great stability shoe. They were really, really comfortable and never skipped a beat with me. Offered me all the support and stability I needed, and I probably put around 3-400 miles on them before I got my Lunarglides (which I love, though I don't think they provide as much stability as the Asics, but are still great). Look into them and try them out if you get the chance.

(Note: I don't really know much about choosing shoes, but I did go to a running shop to get sized up and everything, and that helped a LOT.)

Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Shane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond reputeShane@AtlantaAutoSalon has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! I havent tried those yet. Its worth a shot. Thankfully zappos and their wonderful return policy make the trial and error part that much easier.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I run at work. I need to get back to endurance running though.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Thanks! I havent tried those yet. Its worth a shot. Thankfully zappos and their wonderful return policy make the trial and error part that much easier.
Size up. Even if you order the wide sizes. Unless my feet are that wide (which is totally possible).

Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by vltsai
Size up. Even if you order the wide sizes. Unless my feet are that wide (which is totally possible).

Yeah its worth a shot. My problem isn't so much the width. Im usually in the range of a medium to a large width. My problem comes in length. I wear a 16 in most shoes and that tends to limit my choices quite a bit. Most companies seem to top off around 13-15.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Shane
You bring up an interesting dilemma in that a running show may or may not be adequate for use on other sports.
There's a great deal of lateral movement in some gym exercises where a running show may be a poor fit.
As far as running I suffer horribly from blisters particularly on the tips of three toes. I have also suffered from bloody nails that take months to clear up. I guess what I'm saying is that theres a great deal of trial and error so expect to go trough a few sets before you reach the right one. I'm still searching myself.
I currently use k Swiss. I suggest you go to a dedicate running store not a chain and tell them your needs and they will usually be pretty on with great suggestions. I suggest going a half a size larger I you will be running a bit.
Good luck
Ernie

Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by maxemus
Hello Shane
You bring up an interesting dilemma in that a running show may or may not be adequate for use on other sports.
There's a great deal of lateral movement in some gym exercises where a running show may be a poor fit.
As far as running I suffer horribly from blisters particularly on the tips of three toes. I have also suffered from bloody nails that take months to clear up. I guess what I'm saying is that theres a great deal of trial and error so expect to go trough a few sets before you reach the right one. I'm still searching myself.
I currently use k Swiss. I suggest you go to a dedicate running store not a chain and tell them your needs and they will usually be pretty on with great suggestions. I suggest going a half a size larger I you will be running a bit.
Good luck
Ernie
Make sure it's a running specific store like he said! They will help you find the right one based on what they're seeing in your form. I tried out Saucony and Brooks before finding my way to Asics. It'll take a few times before you get the right shoe but when you do it'll be great.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Gonna go to the beach tomorrow and try to run there. Hopefully it's not freezing in Maine, I've never been to the beach that far up north - kinda seems wrong..

Quick Reply: Official Run Run Run Thread