Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Health & Wellness (https://teamspeed.com/forums/health-wellness/)
-   -   Official Run Run Run Thread (https://teamspeed.com/forums/health-wellness/74730-official-run-run-run-thread.html)

vltsai 07-27-2012 10:35 PM

Official Run Run Run Thread

Cause...I figure, why not?

I got into it last Autumn just because I was running out of time and I couldn't get to a pool or hop on my bike right before work. Running offered me a quick solution that would keep me healthy in the short time that I had available to me. Since then I've been on and off, but I typically do around 15-20 miles a week (I know, I'm terrible).

A bit about me:
I swim...so my running form is weird. I pronate a lot.
I have stubby legs (well not really, but they're not exactly long).
My runs range from 3-5mi each, paced at between 8.5min/mi to 9.5min/mi.

Basically, I'm far from an expert. But, like all things I do, I want to be better. Preferably than my friends, but I'll settle for improvement.

Few questions:
How do you guys diagnose your knee pain in context of running form? I've been getting a bit of knee pain and I think it's either from concrete or overpronating.

What about overpronation? My wear pattern is showing on the outer edge of my left shoe (left leg is shorter than the other, dunno if that has anything to do with it...) and I've been trying to correct it but it ain't easy.

Increasing that distance? I can spend 4 hours on a bike, can bust out 4km in the water, but 5mi on my feet and I feel like I'm being murdered. It's not so much a cardio thing I think, but it's more of a "Holy crap, everything hurts!" thing. I want to run further...faster...but...I can't seem to do it.

Well, that's out of the way. Post up, folks!

Also, I run on these:
http://counterkicks.com/wp-content/u...-1-600x463.jpg

Aw yeah.

SoCal 07-28-2012 12:55 AM

I fawking hate running. All the SoCal does is sprints. :smilie:

Speed888 07-28-2012 01:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Running is one of my favourite spectator sports...

vltsai 07-28-2012 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by SoCal (Post 1369544)
I fawking hate running. All the SoCal does is sprints. :smilie:

I wish I could sprint remotely quickly. Damn these legs of mine.

Originally Posted by Speed888 (Post 1369553)
Running is one of my favourite spectator sports...

Ain't nobody that looks like that at 4:30 in the AM. Clearly I'm in the wrong place. Also, she has a ring.

SoCal 07-28-2012 02:55 AM

You could if you'd quit making excuses about sprinting. I hate running but used to be about a 6-6:30 min/mile runner for up to 10 miles; I just have zero interest in that anymore.

vltsai 07-28-2012 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by SoCal (Post 1369568)
You could if you'd quit making excuses about sprinting. I hate running but used to be about a 6-6:30 min/mile runner for up to 10 miles; I just have zero interest in that anymore.

:hilarious:

That's totally it. I used to do sprints when I'd warm up for MMA with some friends / training buddies of mine. Haven't done that in a little while. I've never, ever been a runner. In fact I hadn't ran in years leading up to last Autumn just because I was so much more comfortable in the water. But I'm all about improving myself! I've maybe ran a 6.5min mi like...once in my life but I suppose I just gotta try.

Waking up early to do a quick run tomorrow before some personal business in the morning. Else I'd be on the bike. Should be fun though! (Or at least that's what I tell myself.)

vltsai 07-29-2012 01:15 PM

5 miler after the terrible, terrible (read: so, so delicious) meal last night. I feel like dying. But at least I'm doin it.

maxemus 07-30-2012 07:59 PM

10.7 miles just done. Not as hot and humid as last week but still in the mid 90's

Tsar 07-30-2012 08:14 PM

Running.. meh, especially on a treadmill. Trail runs are ok. I still prefer sprints though.

vltsai 07-30-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by maxemus (Post 1371398)
10.7 miles just done. Not as hot and humid as last week but still in the mid 90's

Ugh. I don't even know how you do it.

3 quick miles before work today. Might try to fit in 5 tomorrow. We will see though.