Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Official Pedal Power Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
Been off the bike since Wed. Was laying out at my pool first time this yr and got some real bad sunburn and its now blistering all over my front side. Looks like it will be another few days UGHH

Old 08-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamspeed1344287049.864935.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  55.0 KB

Two more cyclist killed in south Florida. This time it was two African Americans on a crime spree

Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
That sucks

I've said before, the most dangerous thing i've ever done is road biking. Not racing sport bikes (and crashing at 100mph), motocross or touring car racing. I'd really like to not get hit or run over. I wear the almost neon green and blue cannondale liquigas gear so everyone can see me.

I toss my bike in the raptor and drive 1 mile down federal and onto a1a. **** getting hit riding 1.5miles, because I know thats where it would be.
Looks like my sunburn has stopped blistering and if weather holds be riding tomorrow.

Where in fl are you?

Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 08-06-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
That sucks

I've said before, the most dangerous thing i've ever done is road biking. Not racing sport bikes (and crashing at 100mph), motocross or touring car racing. I'd really like to not get hit or run over. I wear the almost neon green and blue cannondale liquigas gear so everyone can see me.

I toss my bike in the raptor and drive 1 mile down federal and onto a1a. **** getting hit riding 1.5miles, because I know thats where it would be.
Looks like my sunburn has stopped blistering and if weather holds be riding tomorrow.

Where in fl are you?
Miami.
Last year during training for my race I got hit by a woman. Remarkably I didn't go down. But we run into nut jobs all the time down here. There just isn't a cycling culture and everyone is always in a hurry to get somewhere. We lose cyclist every year. There's been at least a death a year for five straight years

Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Where I live is turning into a destination for cyclists, Oregon in general is very open to cyclists... Almost too much.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Still not satisfied with my new selle italia seat.

Think i'm going to need to make something custom.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^ what seems to be the problem? Saddles are the most personal of all cycling attachments. What's right for one may not be an option for another. Seems to me you have to accept you made a choice that didn't pan out. Do you research ask around and try another brand. If it were me, I would go with adamo time trial seat. I absolutely love it and will be putting one on my Wilier as soon as I can

Old 08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sad to hear about lance armstrong

Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The lance thing, ugh whatever... racing politics is a joke and nobody watches cycling so they needed to create something to get people watching again. Or since lance brought in billions in cancer funding someone with influence kept him from testing positive all these years to keep funding rolling in, or he actually did use some sort of performance enhancer that was undetectable at the time... who knows, likely a conspiracy regardless.

The problem with the seat or my gear maby is my left nut gets really sore after the 40-50min mark and I have to get off the bike. My butt is more or less fine at that point. Also sometimes my left foot tingles and falls asleep making me think i'm pinching a nerve or something in my inner thigh/left nut area.

I'd like to take 2 new seats out with me ride 35min with the one im on now then swap and continue to ride to see how the new one is but no shops seem to be able to accomodate.

Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 08-27-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 PM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
There are places online, biketiresdirect.com comes to mind that charge a small fee to ship you out a demo seat of you to try out for a few rides. Specialized also makes the Toupe, which is a very highly regarded seat in many sizes with an actual fit program in dealers. Best of all if you don't like it, return it and try something else. Me personally, I love my Fizik Arione and will probably buy the Vs one soon so I have a little more ball room.

Quick Reply: Official Pedal Power Thread