Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Official Pedal Power Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:46 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Yeah, when I was bulking I felt like crap a lot of the time. Like you say, all the read meat and heavy food just saps your energy. I rarely eat meat now at all (maybe some seafood once or twice a week) and my energy levels are ridiculously high compared to before. I'll be interested to see what my next round of bloodwork looks like.
Actually that would be the best test... I have been trying to work on cholesterol while still getting stronger.. Not much red meat, more chicken, more fish... What diet do you follow again BS?

Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
I ride with no tools/spares/phone. Tires have only 150miles on them so hopefully they are thick enough to withstand most sharp objects
Originally Posted by vltsai
A friend of mine used to train on his 303 tubies. Till he got 1 flat. The next time I saw him, he was rocking a pair of DA clinchers. I can't imagine being able to easily switch out if you get a flat...just wouldn't work out too well 50mi from home.
Young Connoisseur - You'll learn quickly that even the most durable tires will go flat when you least expect it. I would consider picking up a spare tube, tire lever and CO2 cartridge (with the simple of head adapters) for your jersey pocket.

Vltasi - The weight savings are worth it but unless I start riding with a sag wagon full of spare wheels you'll never see me on tubies!!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Guys
If you ride often enough flats will happen. So far this year I have gotten three flats on tubies but I have ridden over 3000 miles. It's really not that big of a deal. My only discomfort is with riding on after I flat without having glued or taped my replacement. On sat I was close to home so I opted to call for a pick up.
Either way you go expect to get flats. If you eat fast food expect to get fat

Old 07-30-2012, 05:11 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Would you ever ride a steel frame anymore?

Old 07-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Not me. Never have. I'm on my 8th carbon fibre frame

Old 07-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
I only ride 20miles up the a1a and worst case I'll get one of the 400 mexicans working on building the 50m homes to throw my bike in a truck and drive me home for 50$.

I've only got 1 flat mountain biking in very rocky terrain so I don't see how road biking it could be any more often than when they occur for me off road.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
I only ride 20miles up the a1a and worst case I'll get one of the 400 mexicans working on building the 50m homes to throw my bike in a truck and drive me home for 50$.

I've only got 1 flat mountain biking in very rocky terrain so I don't see how road biking it could be any more often than when they occur for me off road.
Only 1 flat mountain biking in what time period? When I was riding in Vegas I'd get a couple flats a month with tubes and after going tubeless I'd still need a new set of tires every season.

Road I dunno, but for sure I'd be nervous training on tubular and riding an unglued rim.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
Almost 4 months since i've moved to FL. I ride at least 3x a week. Probally 3.5avg off road and 3 days on road. So 500miles and 1 flat. I burped my rear tire last weekend and lost probally 15psi in it but I nursed it back. I now run 30psi in the tubeless rears (29er) to help combat the burp factor for some of these rocks.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Tubeless rarely gets flats so that explains it. By its nature you can't get a pinch flat which is what you normally get in rocky areas.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Just spent $250 on gear. Damn this gets expensive.

Quick Reply: Official Pedal Power Thread