Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
KT, you look great already. Don't starve that beautiful body. Now you sweating is another matter altogether...

Old 02-07-2011, 08:30 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not going to touch this one...

Old 02-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned
Back on topic. It is bed time here in the shit hole. Night TS.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
The last couple of weeks I have been trying hard to push my self more when at the gym.

I start off with a hour on the elliptical machine, then 10-15 min of bike. and then chest one day, back the next, and legs the day after back, and repeat that through Friday or Saturday depending on which day I start my week.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:50 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Here goes, 5' 11" @ 203 (weighed Monday midday) with a way too high BMI of 27.8. I eat fairly well with clean proteins and green veggies, steel cut oats, flax meal, natty peanut butter, etc, but I think my BMI is telling me to clean it up even more.

I'm not a magic pill kind of guy, I supplement well with fish and flaxseed oils, a multi vitamin, soy protein (avoiding cholesterol), creatine and glutamine. I've been CrossFitting (main site WOD's) it for a year now and adding my own workout when the WOD hasn't laid me out. Got myself into pretty decent shape visually (major transformation) but am not happy with the love handles that won't go away. For the past 3 months I have added end of day cardio to my routine which consists of 7-8 30 second runs on the treadmill starting @ 8mph and 3% incline, increasing the speed by .5 mph and the incline by 1 e/o run, finishing with 3 11 mph runs for 20 seconds @ 6%. At the end of every 30 sec run, I hop off the treadmill and go straight into a compound movement (burpees, deadlifts, push ups, pull ups, squats). I finish the session with as many reps as possible of knees to elbows or lying leg raises.

At this point I am getting desperate trying to lose the last ~10 lbs and have decided to try 1 round of Hydroxycut. I will let you folks know how it works out if it doesn't kill me.

Typically in the gym 5-6 days with 3-4 two a days a week.

SoCal, you sir are a beast!

Last edited by Alex; 02-08-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Banned
Dude, if you are muscular/vascular at that weight, then who cares about BMI? And just for the record, what you described is much more than what I do. to you, sir. Nevertheless, thank you for the props.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:36 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Did you cringe when you read the Hydroxycut part?

Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Banned
No, I didn't. Supplements are good to go if your diet and water intake are on par. If they work for you, take them.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Here goes, 5' 11" @ 203 (weighed Monday midday) with a way too high BMI of 27.8. I eat fairly well with clean proteins and green veggies, steel cut oats, flax meal, natty peanut butter, etc, but I think my BMI is telling me to clean it up even more.

I'm not a magic pill kind of guy, I supplement well with fish and flaxseed oils, a multi vitamin, soy protein (avoiding cholesterol), creatine and glutamine. I've been CrossFitting (main site WOD's) it for a year now and adding my own workout when the WOD hasn't laid me out. Got myself into pretty decent shape visually (major transformation) but am not happy with the love handles that won't go away. For the past 3 months I have added end of day cardio to my routine which consists of 7-8 30 second runs on the treadmill starting @ 8mph and 3% incline, increasing the speed by .5 mph and the incline by 1 e/o run, finishing with 3 11 mph runs for 20 seconds @ 6%. At the end of every 30 sec run, I hop off the treadmill and go straight into a compound movement (burpees, deadlifts, push ups, pull ups, squats). I finish the session with as many reps as possible of knees to elbows or lying leg raises.

At this point I am getting desperate trying to lose the last ~10 lbs and have decided to try 1 round of Hydroxycut. I will let you folks know how it works out if it doesn't kill me.

Typically in the gym 5-6 days with 3-4 two a days a week.

SoCal, you sir are a beast!
Great post.

The body is an interesting thing... It sounds like you are doing everything right so far. My first assumption is that your love handles aren't going to just disappear in 3 months. It's going to take a bit more than that, but they WILL.

Do you ever do light weights while on a treadmill/sprinting? The elliptical with some good resistance would help as well. You want to make sure that you're moving and rotating your upper body enough that you're getting an intense workout to your core as well.

I always wear a waist trimmer while I work out and run. It is incredible how much it intensifies the workout to the gut area. You take it off and literally sweat is dripping off of it and your body profusely.

When I'm sprinting at the higher speeds 10.5mph-13mph, I make sure that my arms are rotating correctly: Right hand forward as my left foot is forward, left hand forward as my right foot is forward. My forward hand is flat-open, elbow at roughly 90 degrees, middle finger comes about parallel with my mouth. My other hand is moving downward at 90 degrees [maybe a bit wider as it approached my thigh], open-flat hand, middle finger just passes the back of my thigh.

Pic of Waist Trimmer

I wear it pretty freakin tight.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
^^ oh no you don't!?!

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread