Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Larger RS 4.0 Inlet manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Nice to see Porsche doing the right thing in this instance by fixing the problem.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Hi Peter,

I also received confirmation of the recall, but no additional details.
At least I get a refund now

Hopefully any other owners affected will be contacted and we can be flat chat again very soon.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AutoUnion is an unknown quantity at this point
Found this thread a few days too late

Last edited by AutoUnion; 05-16-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
Do I take your post to mean you have experienced a failure? I do hope not.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Geez, I hope not indeed!

I received this from a fellow .2RS owner, not 100% verified, but just his explanation. My dealer supposedly asked Germany and nothing on my car.

He has looked or posted here before:

"The faulty part number appears to be .90 which is common to MY07 thru MY10. It was replaced with .91 in MY11. Cars that saw recall got a .94 package which opens up to reveal a .91 actual part.

Technically, the .91 has been "superseded" by the .94 in the system which only means one will have to order using the new part #. The contents of the package is still a .91.

I learned this from seeing a local GT3 non-RS getting its .90 replaced with a .91 (albeit with three handwritten digits after the part number--just like what we've seen on the TS thread and this ebay link).

Now, all 4.0s are manufactured with .91. If you hear of any 4.0 getting recalled that will refute my understanding above."
My 4.0 according to the VIN# is a .91 for sure. But the above failed and replaced cars were 4.0's right? I also know first hand 2 4.0's and at least one 3.8RS that got the part sucked in.

What actual part number was in your cars?

Are there signs that 91's are failing/getting recalled?
I will look at the part number myself when I get it taken apart and maybe replace it just to be safe.
Car is sitting in the showroom, taking a break so I am not at risk soon, but I will check it out before taking it back out.

Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AutoUnion is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GT3RS
Do I take your post to mean you have experienced a failure? I do hope not.
Unfortunately yes, the Mezger is not bulletproof after all.

Are there any other problems that can be prevented now that the car is in the shop?

Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
I am sorry to hear that, this is exactly why I was chasing to have the modified part fitted. Was it an ingestion problem, all of the ones I have hear about have been cars under Load. Do you mind telling us how your problem manifested itself? It may save some other poor owner a similar fate!

Does anyone else know about the circumstances of the failures, is it always on track or heavy throttle?

I hope it is resolved rapidly for you and does not spoil the enjoyment, it is a shame such a fantastic motor can be let down something so small and easily avoidable. I really do not think this can be considered a weakness of the motor itself, simply a poor batch of parts.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RACINGER is an unknown quantity at this point
The recal is just coming in France for all the 4.0L