Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Larger RS 4.0 Inlet manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Im trying, what do I tell them to check for? So we know for sure there are different part numbers? Mine is early production....

Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to all
I sent them the picture kindly provided above. Manthey knew about it, they checked with a Porsche dealer in Germany having sent them my VIN, told me my car is not affected. I did the same again with my local dealer. Got the same reply from both sources.
Thank you GT3RS for this!
Best, w

Old 04-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
No problem all I hope it helps someone avoid a problem. I did not know this only affected certain cars, it would be interesting to establish if it is only the early cars or a specific batch of parts etc... I am hoping Porsche would not have changed the part if it already had a modified/updated one, but you never know!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
My dealer service guy replied to me that he will look into it.
I'll post what I can find out here.

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
Any more news from anyone on this?
I spoke to another 4.0 owner in the UK who collected his car after paying for a new part to be fitted and said another one was also having it done. That's at least 3 UK cars how many more have had it changed?

Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I have asked for info and they dont know anything.
Earlier this week I asked for a quote, still no answer.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
Thats exactly what happened in the UK we wrote letters to GB who replied with a wooly response advising it was safe to use the car and no recall. The dealer finally told me that the part was available but could not give me a lead time. It turned up in 3 days.
I am really interested to see if it is a problem for all cars, early cars or cars from a specific parts batch. One poster said that the vin had been checked by a friendly dealer so I assume some information must be available to dealers. They are like the secret service over hear about anything, no one has any info until a press release or statement is made from Germany.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thank you sir!
I'll keep pushing

Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
I have been told that Germany have announced a recall for this issue, I do not have details of which vehicles are affected, but they are going to refund the cost of the fix to those who have paid in the UK. I assume this will be global, but do not have any further information yet.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
There may be early production cars (mine) that have another part number (3.8RS?) but that is not clear yet. Please keep me posted: Peter@trakcar.com

Thank you for all the info and research so far.

Quick Reply: Larger RS 4.0 Inlet manifold