Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 rs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JonA85
Has your source said anything about a GT2?
Hi Jon,

Youe seem to be a big a GT2 fan...

If there will be a GT2...not sure..in price and performance it would be in 960 level..and Im not sure Porsche would allow that..

What Im trying to say..for me its a 50:50..if there will be a 960..the chances for a 991 GT2 would be sinking..I would guess

Old 03-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
960 could be around carrera gt money to fill the gap up to the 918!!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
My dealer told me that delivery of the RS will be round april 2014.
Source from Porsche AG .

Wait and see !

Old 03-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTCole
The new Cup Car is PDK ish. The 458 race cars are F1 ish. Porsche is in racing. PDK saves time over the smashbox Seq tranny. Life moves on. They need to compete.
You have a point.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
AlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond repute
The new 991 Cup has a more Seq.like gearbox than PDK..

Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
They have the cup cara now with paddles like pdk. Clutch would only be in to start car and get in rolling

Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AlexG
The new 991 Cup has a more Seq.like gearbox than PDK..

Agree Alex. I meant my quote in a general term.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
Superficial similarities; cup car has a clutch pedal and a true sequential. Not a glorified automatic.
I have a Cup Car in my garage and I race Grand Am. I sorta know.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
I have a Cup Car in my garage and I race Grand Am. I sorta know.
Yes I knew that about you, so I wonder why you said it in the first place??

Old 03-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm probably the biggest GT2 fan of all, and I'm not sure where the 960 will fit in.

To imagine a performance envelope bump from the 996 GT2 to the 997.2 GT2RS and then to a "possible" 991.2 GT2RS would, well, probably destroy a 918 Spyder on the track.

If the 997.2 GT2RS had PDK, it would have been faster than the 458 & 12C. Cars some would claim are in another performance bracked altogher.