Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

My '09 C2S w/ Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
taylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to behold
My '09 C2S w/ Mods

Hi all. It's been a few months going from my '10 GT3 to my '09 C2S (coupe, 6spd). Although my GT3 is tremendously missed, I must say with some personal touches -- my C2S is a close 2nd to the GT3.

Some mods that I've done:
* OEM short shift
* Champion springs & spacers
* Powder coat OEM wheels
* OEM Turbo wing
* Fabspeed satin black chrome tips
* Cargraphic side mufflers
* Sharkwerks bypass
* BMC air filter
* 35% tint

She runs strong -- very strong actually. Plus, the CG and SW combo sounds excellent.

Here are some pics:

Last edited by taylorcoleman; 04-05-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
taylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to beholdtaylorcoleman is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, wrong sub-forum.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^NP moved it for you, tell me about the turbo deck-lid on it though? Exact fit, wing still move up at speed or is fixed?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Darth Vader's car!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by DJ
^^NP moved it for you, tell me about the turbo deck-lid on it though? Exact fit, wing still move up at speed or is fixed?
Thank you sir.

The turbo deck lid came from my prior '09 turbo. Had it painted black from guards red -- paint job was perfect.

The '09 turbo deck lid is an exact fit to the 997.2 C2S. However, the lid is heavier than the C2S stock lid, so an extra joist was installed (so now one on each side).

The snorkels don't line up to the airbox, so I'm having some custom "snorkling" done which I expect to be modest. As for the turbo wing movement, the harness from Porsche is in (finally), so I expect that to be functioning soon.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Looks like Darth Vader's car!
LOL - that was the inspiration. Got the C2S so my kids could enjoy and they've been mesmorized by Star Wars.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:19 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool! Please post some pics of the underside of the deck-lid during the next bit of work perhaps for us?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by DJ
Very cool! Please post some pics of the underside of the deck-lid during the next bit of work perhaps for us?
Sure thing -- hope to get the car back end of this week.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
....though I love my C2S, I can't bring myself to change my avatar...

Old 04-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Oh, I forgot I have vids. The first is a quick walk around with idle. The next two are with my Cargraphic & Sharkwerks exhaust.

YouTube - 997.2S with Tint

YouTube - Sharkwerks & Cargraphic 997.2S 2

YouTube - Sharkwerks & Cargraphic 997.2S Vid 1

Sorry about the double post -- created one in wrong sub-forum which got moved to correct forum after I created the same in the correct forum