Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 will have manual???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GT John is an unknown quantity at this point
I asked this question of a Porsche driving instructor not to long ago and he stated that they were told both would be available. For whatever that is worth...

Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT John
I asked this question of a Porsche driving instructor not to long ago and he stated that they were told both would be available. For whatever that is worth...
I heard exactly the same also from a Prosche instructor in Germany..but in the end I think DJ, hesperus etc - and even myself said it - that there will only be PdK.

Hesperus words seems to be quite accurate. But in the end, nothing better could have happened for the 997 GT3 - with regards to a future collectible item..last Mezger engine, last maunual, last GT3 with hydraulic steering etc. etc.

On the one hand - this is "good news for 997 GT3 owners"..but "bad news" for Porsche itself. What the hell are these guys in Stuttgart thinking? Whats the logic of offering a manual for a normal 991 and not one for a GT3? So far 100% of GT3 customers chose manual..if they wouldnt want to have it - they would have bought R8, M3 or whatever.

The new management there is just "over-doing" it..like Apple probably also did..you cant "provoke" customers endlessly...with each time increasing prices but ignoring more and more customer wishes..