Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 will have manual???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
NIGT3 is an unknown quantity at this point
991 GT3 will have manual???

Thete's are thread on rennlist which has a link to autobild( german car mag) which in it they state the new 991gt3 will have pdk as an option!! Looks like porsche sold us all a dummy aftet all!! Maybe!!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
IDK. I order soon. We shall see.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
My guess is PDK. I hate to say it, but that is the way high end sports cars are trending.

I would be happy to be wrong this time!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
PDK only - 99.9999045657% sure (yes I did leave a little margin for error lol)

Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Lol, the GT3 is such a "no-compromise" car. The past generations were manual only and the new 991 generation will be automatic only. Kinda strange since all the other 911 variants give you an option on transmission but oh well.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
i predict a manual. . . . .prob at a slightly later date.. . .and possibly a higher cost. . . .

porsche has too many manual fans to let down

Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
uhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by -eztrader-
i predict a manual. . . . .prob at a slightly later date.. . .and possibly a higher cost. . . .

porsche has too many manual fans to let down
You can't bait and switch that fast. The GT has been a manual car for decades, they can slowly transition but from a business perspective I doubt they will only offer PDK. Being the last provide of MT sports cars everyone I know that wants a MT is buying Porsche. So in some ironic manner they have carved a new niche for themselves because everyone is abandoning it.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
my source says GT3 will be PDK only. at the global Porsche Importers meeting in Germany where the car was announced, the above news was understandably met with some incredulity by many of the partners present. but that was the company line. PDK only.

BUT... my source (who was at this meeting) said that Porsche were vague when it came to the RS, and they seemed to suggest manual may be an option on the RS.

of course, at extra cost.

go figure

Old 01-15-2013, 03:47 PM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It sounds like the 991 GT3 will come with PDK only at launch, based on what I've heard from reputable sources both here and elsewhere.

But as hesperus said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see the 991 GT3 RS offer a manual gearbox. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Porsche bow to popular pressure and offer a stick-shift GT3 after a couple years. Especially if people buy 911 Carreras instead in number to get the stick shift.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by WSC
It sounds like the 991 GT3 will come with PDK only at launch, based on what I've heard from reputable sources both here and elsewhere.

But as hesperus said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see the 991 GT3 RS offer a manual gearbox. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Porsche bow to popular pressure and offer a stick-shift GT3 after a couple years. Especially if people buy 911 Carreras instead in number to get the stick shift.
I can tell you one thing, my step-dad didn't buy the new turbo because it wasn't stick and went right to the Carrera S so you have a point. I hope they don't kill the manual.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 will have manual???