Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Teaser coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Savage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished road
991 GT3 Teaser coming soon...

Hi
this is my first post in this Forum. I am an Italian Gt3 owner and I hope
you will be patient since my English is just scolastic. I will do my best.
I enjoy your Forum since several years but never had the chance to write
anything before. I would like today to share some news that I just got by
a Porsche vendor.
Just came back by my dealer after a short visit there. I was looking for some
news regarding the new 991 Gt3 and here are the results:
the teaser will arrive in middle February
the car in Italy will be under delivery around next July-August
3800 cc- 450 hp
only and this is for sure, PDK. No manual available!
the body will be the larger one (4S)
it will be available as an option, the steerable rear wheels (sorry I am not able
to explain it better)
starting price : from 145.000 euro (including 21% tax. Mine 26 months
old, was starting by around 119.000 euro. Basic)

It should be introduced on the next Geneve motorshow (March as you know)

More news asap.

BR
Savage

Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mike2727 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Savage

Thanks for the info, how reliable would you say your source is ?

So your source is saying that it will be the wide-body and only PDK correct ?

Any news if it will have the CL wheels or 5 lug (option ?)

Also you say price starts at 145k Euro, while yours 2 years old was 119k Euro, are both these prices incl 21% ?

Both are for the Base model ?

If that is the case, the price will go up with 22% ?

Thanks
Mike

Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
PDK only, wide body news from October -> https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/7656...sion-only.html

Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Savage
Hi
this is my first post in this Forum. I am an Italian Gt3 owner and I hope
you will be patient since my English is just scolastic. I will do my best.
I enjoy your Forum since several years but never had the chance to write
anything before. I would like today to share some news that I just got by
a Porsche vendor.
Just came back by my dealer after a short visit there. I was looking for some
news regarding the new 991 Gt3 and here are the results:
the teaser will arrive in middle February
the car in Italy will be under delivery around next July-August
3800 cc- 450 hp
only and this is for sure, PDK. No manual available!
the body will be the larger one (4S)
it will be available as an option, the steerable rear wheels (sorry I am not able
to explain it better)
starting price : from 145.000 euro (including 21% tax. Mine 26 months
old, was starting by around 119.000 euro. Basic)

It should be introduced on the next Geneve motorshow (March as you know)

More news asap.

BR
Savage
Hi Savagem

Thanks for the info..your info ís exactly what I heard too..especially your price information seems to be the same as mine. Abou the teaser I dont know..but it wont show us much anyway I suppose.

Bienvenuti a Teamspeed

Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Savage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mike2727
Hi Savage

Thanks for the info, how reliable would you say your source is ?

So your source is saying that it will be the wide-body and only PDK correct ?

Any news if it will have the CL wheels or 5 lug (option ?)

Also you say price starts at 145k Euro, while yours 2 years old was 119k Euro, are both these prices incl 21% ?

Both are for the Base model ?

If that is the case, the price will go up with 22% ?

Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike.
Let me say..On last 10-24-2009 I wrote about the new BMW M3 GTS on a Forum well known in Usa. I was the first let me say. Not only in Usa:-) I had good luck and right friends in Garching (D). At that time the M3 was my current car and I was for several years something like a fanatic about that kind of cars (M3 GTS info! (lightweight performance edition M3) - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)). About my actual source, let me say that it was not just the opinion of the vendor. When I asked him more info about the new GT3 he simply told: come'n follow me.He opened a file in his computer and started "to read" (to read!) something official that was established and released inside the dealer's network after a global meeting they had in recent times. Something notyet public. I got this info because he considered me a good customer and since we are close to the debut.Here in Italy as you know there is a big crisis and not many are looking for a new sport car. This is why they gave me the best answers they can...
By my point of view, since I am monitoring every new about this car that is released around the world, I would say that before today it was "almost sure" that there will not be a manual gear. Almost sure that there will be something close to 450 hp. It was almost sure that the body would have been the larger one (4S).
But since this afternoon I can confirm that all now is fixed and definitive.
No manual at first. Btw what really surpriced me today is the new price range (at least here in Europe) and the "four steering wheels" (optional). Never I eard about this new system before. The price will be around 25.000 euro more expencive compared to the old one . I hope that they are offering us something more than a larger body, a pdk and 15 hp more. All these togheter don't justify 25.000 euro of increase.I suppose that the new car will offer much more because if not, the difference between the old price and the new one will not be "understood" by the customers.The potential customers have already to understand too many tech.changes don't you think? Just my opinion.
Probably the car is really performing well and much better than before and they will ask much more money even for this reason.We will see..
Ps: about your questions I confirm all two cars are considered basic and both cars have VAT included (but my old one was charged by 20% of VAT. Now is 21%).

Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Hi Savagem

Thanks for the info..your info ís exactly what I heard too..especially your price information seems to be the same as mine. Abou the teaser I dont know..but it wont show us much anyway I suppose.

Bienvenuti a Teamspeed [/QUOTE]

Hi Jumping Horse
you live in Germany so as me and as many others here in Europe it will be not too difficult at this time to enter into a Porsche shop and ask to a good vendor what I already asked. I think that we are so close to the debut that it will be very easy to get the same official info.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DJ
PDK only, wide body news from October -> https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/7656...sion-only.html

Hey,Lets put a sticker on the steering wheel crest. No one will ever notice that we are driving a Porsche

Last edited by 928s; 01-03-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
So it will be PDK only (at least in the beginning) and will have a 4WD option? I think I've found my future daily driver.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Savage
Hi Savagem

Bienvenuti a Teamspeed
Hi Jumping Horse
you live in Germany so as me and as many others here in Europe it will be not too difficult at this time to enter into a Porsche shop and ask to a good vendor what I already asked. I think that we are so close to the debut that it will be very easy to get the same official info.[/QUOTE]

Grazie..I got the info directly from my source at the factory..no need to ask the dealer.,.im surprised the info has already leaked to dealers in Italy..but OK..they have their contacts too.

The price increase is whopping....the real concern for me is still the engine..

Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
HI savage agian,

One more thing - do you know when the redline of the engine starts (max rpm)? I couldnt get any info on this..so far I always doubted that it will be able to start red line like the 997.2 GT3 at 8500. Why? because from 997 to 991 they already increased revs by 1000..now they would have to do another 1000..in engine terms this is simply not possible..

But we will see..keeping in mind that the limit at 8500 for the 3.8 was set very passivley..9000 or 9500 are possible without any problems..and at that rpm the 9A1 would be breathing its last breath...

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Teaser coming soon...