Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Teaser coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hesperus
not sure if this has been shared elsewhere previously, but my source (VERY reliable, very close to top management at Porsche HQ, had pics of the GT2RS at the private launch, etc etc) says that the GT3RS may have a proper manual available, likely as a cost option.

Porsche take the idea of "less is more" to new heights.

or actually, completely opposite to what it meant way back when they launched the 968 Club Sport-- lighter, less options, and CHEAPER.

oh well, at least the manual isn't dead, if the info is accurate...
exactly what i predicted, without any high up HQ hint.

Frankly, it's very predictable of their move nowadays. less will always cost MORE. the manual will not die. hack how much re-engineering HQ has to do to put the traditional manual in it?! they just want some begging from us & charge us for more.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mike2727 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
So it will be PDK only (at least in the beginning) and will have a 4WD option? I think I've found my future daily driver.
I think he mend 4 wheel steering would be an option, not sure if I would want that on a car that is going to see the track

But as long as it is an option, you can opt not o take it

Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Savage
Hi Mike.
Let me say..On last 10-24-2009 I wrote about the new BMW M3 GTS on a Forum well known in Usa. I was the first let me say. Not only in Usa:-) I had good luck and right friends in Garching (D). At that time the M3 was my current car and I was for several years something like a fanatic about that kind of cars (M3 GTS info! (lightweight performance edition M3) - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)). About my actual source, let me say that it was not just the opinion of the vendor. When I asked him more info about the new GT3 he simply told: come'n follow me.He opened a file in his computer and started "to read" (to read!) something official that was established and released inside the dealer's network after a global meeting they had in recent times. Something notyet public. I got this info because he considered me a good customer and since we are close to the debut.Here in Italy as you know there is a big crisis and not many are looking for a new sport car. This is why they gave me the best answers they can...
By my point of view, since I am monitoring every new about this car that is released around the world, I would say that before today it was "almost sure" that there will not be a manual gear. Almost sure that there will be something close to 450 hp. It was almost sure that the body would have been the larger one (4S).
But since this afternoon I can confirm that all now is fixed and definitive.
No manual at first. Btw what really surpriced me today is the new price range (at least here in Europe) and the "four steering wheels" (optional). Never I eard about this new system before. The price will be around 25.000 euro more expencive compared to the old one . I hope that they are offering us something more than a larger body, a pdk and 15 hp more. All these togheter don't justify 25.000 euro of increase.I suppose that the new car will offer much more because if not, the difference between the old price and the new one will not be "understood" by the customers.The potential customers have already to understand too many tech.changes don't you think? Just my opinion.
Probably the car is really performing well and much better than before and they will ask much more money even for this reason.We will see..
Ps: about your questions I confirm all two cars are considered basic and both cars have VAT included (but my old one was charged by 20% of VAT. Now is 21%).
Hi thanks for the detailed explanation, I think that 25000 over the 997.2 GT3 would be too much unless they include a lot of options in the base model, like PDDC, bucket seats, etc
I do not mind the PDK, but if the base car is too base at a price that is that much higher I will look for a nice low mile 997.2 GT3 or GT3RS for less money

I know that in Europe the sales will not be like in the past, I am originally from The Netherlands, and the economy is not doing good, and IMO it will take a while before Europe will get back to better times, but the US is still a big market for them, and China and Asia in general will proberbly make up for the lackluster sales in Europe

Thanks again for the insight, lets hope the GT3 will be all we are hoping for

Mike

Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
US base will be 142k per P car rep. Old base was under 120k I recall 118,500

Old 01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Marc
US base will be 142k per P car rep. Old base was under 120k I recall 118,500
If that is the case I will be looking for a slightly used 997.2 GT3 or GT3RS, the difference is too much IMO

If I look at the current base C2S prices in the US ($ 100k) and in for instance Italy, the price difference is that the US has 16% lower prices
Taking into consideration that the taxes are out of the equation and the exchange rate Euro-USD is at 1.30.

Based on a Base price of 145k Euro (incl 21% tax), you would get to a base price of $ 131k before taxes

Mike