Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Teaser coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what people could substitute a Porsche GT3 for though, especially if their only quip is that it is an automatic.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi Speed Evo,

Thats a fair point, but if a manufacturer starts playing with its clientele "we can serve them anything we want - they wont go anywhere else - since the other things are not better.."..thats risky.

Besides, the new GT3 has to prove itself first on the track..glamourous articles in christophorus wont dont it for long.

Coming back to the alternatives, 458..hmm..not really track reliable either, Gallardo..nice..but has also weknesses..Aston..more a cruiser car..your right not much left. Mclaren..would do it for me..

PS: Im a manual fan..but if there is a reliable PDK for track..I wouldnt say no..if the new 991 GT3RS would get the sequential box..perfect for me. The whole package has to be good.

PSII: Is this your techart 997? great car..

Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
not sure if this has been shared elsewhere previously, but my source (VERY reliable, very close to top management at Porsche HQ, had pics of the GT2RS at the private launch, etc etc) says that the GT3RS may have a proper manual available, likely as a cost option.

Porsche take the idea of "less is more" to new heights.

or actually, completely opposite to what it meant way back when they launched the 968 Club Sport-- lighter, less options, and CHEAPER.

oh well, at least the manual isn't dead, if the info is accurate...

Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
So it will be PDK only (at least in the beginning) and will have a 4WD option? I think I've found my future daily driver.
Is that good for a car's character like GT3..? Both PDK and 4WD. I believe that it will loose the point..

Last edited by St_Ex; 01-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Hey jumping_horse,
No, unfortunately that's not my Porsche but it does look amazing. I too wish the 991 GT3 stayed manual only but as long as they offer a manual version down the line, it shouldn't be a big deal. At least it is not going turbo like the new generation BMW M3. BMW has disappointed me greatly by going this way and ditching their glorious S65 V8 for the sake of better fuel economy.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Yes. You're obvious right about BMW. They have also said that they never would make an SUV with the M influence. Too bad...

Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hesperus
not sure if this has been shared elsewhere previously, but my source (VERY reliable, very close to top management at Porsche HQ, had pics of the GT2RS at the private launch, etc etc) says that the GT3RS may have a proper manual available, likely as a cost option.

Porsche take the idea of "less is more" to new heights.

or actually, completely opposite to what it meant way back when they launched the 968 Club Sport-- lighter, less options, and CHEAPER.

oh well, at least the manual isn't dead, if the info is accurate...
I can understand the cost option rationale (and I would be willing to pay for it, provided it's the old 6MT G50), but there's something missing here:

The Mezger engine mates to the aforementioned G50, but not PDK. I can't say for sure about the PDK-based 7MT. If the car has the Mezger, it seems like it must have the G50.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
So it will be PDK only (at least in the beginning) and will have a 4WD option? I think I've found my future daily driver.
Not 4-wheel DRIVE but instead 4-wheel STEER and rear-wheel DRIVE, so the rear wheels turn counter to front wheel turn to minimize understeer-probably similar to what they are developing on the 918.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
intresting info here

cracks me up how some exagerate the diffrence between gt3 and the rs, one will come with manual box and the other wouldnt, one comes with a full carbon body and one doesnt, one comes with a 4.2 mezger and one gets the 9A1

Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
Please Porsche make this an absolute winner.

If will have to be amazing for me to part with my 997 GT3!

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Teaser coming soon...