Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 07:19 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Well pagani due to ohh so manh reasons. Let me know if your interested and Ile break it down for you.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
I would say 918! It is one of the most gorgeous and fastest cars ever built!

Attached Images     
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
918 over the Huayra any day! But you should wait for the P1 and the F150 and then decide.
Personally, I'd rather have a P1 over anything else - This car will be so interesting!

Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by The Artist
Well pagani due to ohh so manh reasons. Let me know if your interested and Ile break it down for you.
The Artist, I've enjoyed several of your posts.
It would be a pleasure if you can break it down for me.
Thanks

Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Mark ANTAR
918 over the Huayra any day! But you should wait for the P1 and the F150 and then decide.
Personally, I'd rather have a P1 over anything else - This car will be so interesting!
I'm sure I most likely wont be able to get my hands on the P1 or the F150.
Aren't they both sold out?
I never bothered to look into either.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
I'm sure I most likely wont be able to get my hands on the P1 or the F150.
Aren't they both sold out?
I never bothered to look into either.
Well - Antony Sheriff has mentioned in an interview with Squawk Box that they are taking about an order a day and they are gonna run out soon.

I guess you still have a slight chance of getting your hands on one.
Anyway, they are all great cars and good luck!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
another side point is that huayra will probably have many superior versions in years which will make the original feel and look ordinary where else 918 will be absolute in one version just like CGT.

BTW, if you hold on to the 918 long enough it might even appreciate...

Old 12-22-2012, 11:06 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
The Artist, I've enjoyed several of your posts.
It would be a pleasure if you can break it down for me.
Thanks
1. The Huayra will appreciate in value, the 918 will be worth half of the new price. ( Zonda vs CGT is the proof)
2. The 1 on 1 personal experience of dealing with Pagani automobili, is not something Porsche can give you.
3. The level of exotic is 10 on the 918 and 12 on the Huayra, it looks like nothing else.
4. Handmade vs robotmade.. ? I pick handmade.
5. The money you will loose on the 918 can be put towards keeping your huayra up to spec with coming versions, and still it will sell for more than what you put into it. so it can become a project if that's to your taste. Or you can just keep it stock and it will be highly valued as one of the Original Huayras.Like the Original Zondas
6. Exclusivity..they will make less of the Huayra than the 918
7. There is nothing that trickles down from the Huayra into lesser models in the future, it terms of tech or design. With the Porsche it will.
8. The fact that its a straight forward car opposed to the unproven tech in the 918
9. The fact that its as much Art as Machine
10. Oh and you get to be friends with Horacio Pagani, Ferdinand Porsche is unfortunately not with us anymore

PS
Naturally i did not add points of design, as that is personal. But if your thinking about these 2, you must find both good looking.

PPS
Given that you are in the market for such brutal cars, i would be very interested to hear what you drive today/driven previously?

Last edited by La Artist; 12-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Clubber
another side point is that huayra will probably have many superior versions in years which will make the original feel and look ordinary where else 918 will be absolute in one version just like CGT.

BTW, if you hold on to the 918 long enough it might even appreciate...
The point about other variations of the Huayra is also a major worry for me.
If I get the 918 I wouldn't be getting rid of it anytime soon. I will keep it.

Given the choice of the F150, P1, Huayra and 918, does anyone agree with me that the 918 is the better looking out of the rest?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by The Artist
1. The Huayra will appreciate in value, the 918 will be worth half of the new price. ( Zonda vs CGT is the proof)
2. The 1 on 1 personal experience of dealing with Pagani automobili, is not something Porsche can give you.
3. The level of exotic is 10 on the 918 and 12 on the Huayra, it looks like nothing else.
4. Handmade vs robotmade.. ? I pick handmade.
5. The money you will loose on the 918 can be put towards keeping your huayra up to spec with coming versions, and still it will sell for more than what you put into it. so it can become a project if that's to your taste. Or you can just keep it stock and it will be highly valued as one of the Original Huayras.Like the Original Zondas
6. Exclusivity..they will make less of the Huayra than the 918
7. There is nothing that trickles down from the Huayra into lesser models in the future, it terms of tech or design. With the Porsche it will.
8. The fact that its a straight forward car opposed to the unproven tech in the 918
9. The fact that its as much Art as Machine
10. Oh and you get to be friends with Horacio Pagani, Ferdinand Porsche is unfortunately not with us anymore

Wow! The Artist, I salute you for your points You got me looking more at the Huayra again. It would be difficult to beat some of the points you've made.
Damn!

How about maintenance, I'm in Canada, and there are no dealers here.

Quick Reply: Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)