Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share your thoughts (918 Spyder or Huayra)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Carreras GT

And save $500k!!!
I have one already.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by suhaas307
The 918 is a showcase of what's to come. It is what the 959 was two and a half decades ago. The technology trickled down to the more affordable production cars over time.
Point I made earlier, it is a necessity to move forward like it or not. Similar to the PDK argument in the GT3. This being said I like the Pag better from a Super Car standpoint overall but the 918 is a truly spectacular auto in many areas.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
I have one already.
Pictures please

Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by The Artist
Pictures please
I've been trying to post pictures, but the pictures are high resolutions, and i can't seem to be able to resize them to post here.
You can see some of my pictures at fchat under user name: mathematics

I will post pictures soon as I have the time to figure out how to resize.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Marc
Point I made earlier, it is a necessity to move forward like it or not. Similar to the PDK argument in the GT3. This being said I like the Pag better from a Super Car standpoint overall but the 918 is a truly spectacular auto in many areas.
Absolutely.

The GT3 is a track-day car. The RS even more so. And on track-days, every second counts. Giving it the PDK 'box is a good move. So it isn't going to be as 'involving' for the regular driver. But the PDK will help the driver concentrate on actually driving the car faster around a track.

Speed isn't everything, sure. But what's the point of track-days if that's the case.

Porsche is clearly looking at this as a long-term goal.

And what I can't seem to understand is this talk of depreciation.

Do you buy a 1-million dollar car like the 918 and worry about depreciation? That's like buying a muscle-car and worrying about fuel-economy.

If depreciation really bothers you THAT much, look elsewhere.

You buy the car for what it is. Not for how much it's worth after a few years.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
I have one already.

BoooM