Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COTA DE with David Murry March 13+14 sign up now.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by "The JC"
Hyatt at the airport is pretty close to the track. However, I agree that you might as well stay in town.

Oh, and sucks that its in the middle of the week.
I understand your point about middle of the week if you're a local but for those from farther away locations this works out well. One only needs to take a week off of work to trailer there and get back home.

D

Old 12-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I heard that COTA cancelled all track rentals. That sucks. I'm happy I got to drive on it a couple weeks ago.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Lowell is an unknown quantity at this point
That would indeed be a sad thing if COTA has cancelled track rentals.

Assuming they haven't and people still want tips on where to stay:

If you want to be near downtown, look for hotels at the intersection 71(aka Ben White Blvd.) and I35. You shouldn't hit much traffic going out in the morning, the rush is coming into town. Likewise, coming back in at night, the rush will be going out the opposite way. If you want to check out the city this location is convenient to most everything. Rush hours are from 8am-930am, and 3pm-7pm.

If you want to completely avoid the cluster-f**k that is Austin (especially I35) traffic, look for hotels at I35 and the 45 toll road. You're farther from everything, but less likely to get stuck idling.

Edit: I live in Austin btw. I can't imagine anyone paying to race and fly and stay here is looking for budget options, lol. But! I live at I35 and the town's lake. I might be willing to house someone in exchange for some passenger laps

Last edited by Lowell; 12-22-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lowell
That would indeed be a sad thing if COTA has cancelled track rentals.

Assuming they haven't and people still want tips on where to stay:

If you want to be near downtown, look for hotels at the intersection 71(aka Ben White Blvd.) and I35. You shouldn't hit much traffic going out in the morning, the rush is coming into town. Likewise, coming back in at night, the rush will be going out the opposite way. If you want to check out the city this location is convenient to most everything. Rush hours are from 8am-930am, and 3pm-7pm.

If you want to completely avoid the cluster-f**k that is Austin (especially I35) traffic, look for hotels at I35 and the 45 toll road. You're farther from everything, but less likely to get stuck idling.

Edit: I live in Austin btw. I can't imagine anyone paying to race and fly and stay here is looking for budget options, lol. But! I live at I35 and the town's lake. I might be willing to house someone in exchange for some passenger laps
You live pretty close to me. I live in West Campus of UT.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I heard the MVP track time event is now back on. Must be some legal maneuvering happening.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Any info on the status of the David Murray event on Mar 13-14th?

D

Old 12-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Cancelled by greedy COTA. That track is doomed.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
From David Murry today:

It is with great disappointment that we make the following announcement:

Today we were informed by Circuit of the Americas track that the dates March 13-14, 2013 were no longer available to us. COTA said they were reserving those dates for team testing after just confirming those dates were available to us. We are removing COTA from our schedule and anyone who registered will receive a full refund today.

While we understand tracks have their choice of whom to rent their facilities to we are also very disappointed in the way this was done.

We regret the inconvenience this has caused everyone.