Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Wait.. What is COTA doing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Wait.. What is COTA doing?

Austin begins the ticketing process | Planet F1 | Formula One News

As the Circuit of the Americas moves closer to its F1 debut, organisers have opened the ticketing process.

Starting on Monday, 23rd January and extending through to 13th February, fans wishing to attending the 2012 grand prix in Austin, Texas can join the Select Seating Wait List via the official website.

This will allow them to be first in line to purchase a 'personal seat license', which cost between $1,000 to $5,000 and entitle the holder to be given priority when purchasing tickets for all racing events at Circuit of The Americas for the next 15 years.

"We are receiving great interest in tickets every day from fans around the world," said Geoff Moore, chief marketing and sales officer for COTA.

"In order to effectively manage the demand, we have created a two-stage ticketing process to help fans better understand the opportunities available.

"We want every fan to get the ticket that is right and affordable for them. In this first stage, we are showing off the incredible entertainment experience our main grandstand offers."

The United States Grand Prix is scheduled to take place on 18th November.
What if the seat I choose isn't there when it's built?

Someone brought it up on the comment section that the NFL does this. And they can do it because the NFL has the longevity in the States to do so.

But with only F1 "contracted", I'm using it loosely, the only motorsport to show up. I don't know if I'd commit between a grand and up to five grand for a seat. If I knew MotoGP, WSBK, Australian V8 Supercars, and etc had committed to this, I'd be more susceptible to dropping the coin for a spot.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:22 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Even if all of those were committed, it would really only be worth it if you planned on actually attending all of them and wanted to sit in a certain spot for each race. It would be much better to buy a seat as events came up imo.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
What about people that don't live in TX? I'd love to get a good seat for the race but I have no interest in going down for every race that may or may not happen at this track. Hopefully they'll just *sell* tickets for this race like every other race on the calendar.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
What about people that don't live in TX?
They don't have souls.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
This sounds like season tickets so to speak. Kind of like a guaranteed seat for the season(racing events).

Old 01-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PMac
They don't have souls.
Apparently, they do have brains