Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT cars losing their soul

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
turboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Marc
Do you drive you car on the track? How engaged are you getting on the street? I have driven a CGT and owned alot of cars in both MT and flappies, both are good.
I do drive on track and try to have as much fun on the street as i can "safely"

A picture is worth a thousand words...if the 918 can do this im sold

Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
If you are not happy with porsche GTs..
Maybe BMWs interpretation of a GT is more to your liking..

Let me introduce the 3 series GT:

Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboad

Is that you? pretty awesome pic

Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
turboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enough
Thanks, yup thats me at the yas marina circuit. They held a track day right before the f1 race and told us to go lay some rubber on the track

Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi turboad,

fully agree on your words about "driver involvement". Dont let yourself be scared here by - what seems - to be the majority.

I dont own a C-GT (yet)..thought about liquidating some of my cars for it..but Im too emtionally connected to it.

PS: I think the 918 wont be able to do what youre looking for..
all the best,

Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboad

Sick! And the proper color.

I am not arguing with you. Just making the point of progress, the 918 just like the 959 will pass down and become the future evolution of the regular 911 (991 series).
From what I have been reading it is no slouch, lets see when they hit the roads.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by driftwithme
How was it? Does it thrill you like a carrera gt, does is sound spine tingling, will it allow you to play with the tail a little?

Porsche promised to let me drive the car sometime in april as im seriously considering getting one, if it moves my heart that is.
the car is not done yet obviously. i think it's a good decision for Porsche to include previous GT owners' feedback along the way in the development process. can't say much due to the signed NDA. the exhaust note is not final. performance figure is not final. so it's still very early to tell how the real deal would feel like. the car we rode in had limited rev & power, but it's pretty impressive as is. Porsche is trying hard to sell the E-mobility idea, which is still the main thing that bugs me the most. but it is what it is. look from the technology side this thing is a marvel. however, how long would this ''state of art'' technology last is the main concern, not to mention the warranty of it.

the car felt great. felt so much more civilized & forgiving than the CGT. that, is a problem for the purist looking for the ultimate driving thrill. not to say the car is not fun. i had a blast. but even the test driver was selling the idea of how big of a computer it is & it is the future of super car. less involving? i don't know. but for sure it's not just a pure car anymore. it's a giant computer wonder.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
As all supercars will become in the future, I believe less and less involving and more technical. I mean even the pagani huyara went to a paddle box, still to keep it's race car feel they gave it a harsher race type box. I am looking forward to reviews and seeing the 918 in person. There is one allocation next to me in RI and there will be an unveiling party in the future.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Strange there isn't more debate in this thread regarding Porsche (very) possibly using the 9A1 engine in the next GT3 as opposed to the Mezger.

Whether it comes only with a Manual or PDK means less to me than the GT cars having an engine designed and built to survive WWIII.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus
Strange there isn't more debate in this thread regarding Porsche (very) possibly using the 9A1 engine in the next GT3 as opposed to the Mezger.

Whether it comes only with a Manual or PDK means less to me than the GT cars having an engine designed and built to survive WWIII.
Mezger engine only mates to the 6MT. There is the possibility of the "GT3" having the 9A1 DFI block mated to PDK (and also all the chassis toys like the Datsun GT-R has) and then the "GT3" RS getting the Mezger and 6MT, but with no turbo or base GT3 to amortize the cost of the Mezger engine and the old, 993 GT2-based gearbox, the RS would be very, very expensive.

Also, check your rep comment.

Quick Reply: GT cars losing their soul