Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT cars losing their soul

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
The GT3 is king. It might be headed down the path of customer wants and some won't like that direction, but as a whole, the Porsche GT3 is the KING of all cars.
I thought you just sold one of the nicest 4.0s in the world..

Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboad
The new gt3 being dsg only and with the mighty carrera gt replacement being a 4 wheel driven hybrid, dont you feel the future of porsche gt cars are losing soul?
Its called evolution my friend, the 959 was a ground breaker and is was vastly different , the 918 is the same it leads to the future, Porsche is obviously in business to make money and the world is not the same as when Porsche was a small company with only a few models.

This bitching about PDK is getting old as well, its a great transmission I defy a human who can shift faster , when you can drive like Walter Rohrle then tell me you need three pedals.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Easy tiger!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC321
Easy tiger!
gets annoying to listen to this PDK argument every sports car company has gone this route and Porsche is the last holdout and now they have given, it is what it is.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
They aren't the last, Jaguar has committed to three pedals.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
gets annoying to listen to this PDK argument every sports car company has gone this route and Porsche is the last holdout and now they have given, it is what it is.
not only that but the people that piss and moan don't even own a porsche, much less driven a pdk car...

Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
not only that but the people that piss and moan don't even own a porsche, much less driven a pdk car...
Yep or if they do own a MT they cant even drive that properly.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
They aren't the last, Jaguar has committed to three pedals.

I said sports car.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
turboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enough
QUOTE=jumping_horse;1404045]Hello driftwithme,

Do you know what the exact conditions are for getting a 918 testdrive? I thought only people who made the 200,000$ cash downpayment already, could get a drive in one...

thanks,[/QUOTE]

I think if your a Carrera gt owner you get the test drive, I was invited to a private 918 viewing a couple of months ago and I've bought a couple of P cars from the dealer and maintain a good relationship with them.

Originally Posted by Marc
Its called evolution my friend, the 959 was a ground breaker and is was vastly different , the 918 is the same it leads to the future, Porsche is obviously in business to make money and the world is not the same as when Porsche was a small company with only a few models.

This bitching about PDK is getting old as well, its a great transmission I defy a human who can shift faster , when you can drive like Walter Rohrle then tell me you need three pedals.
Stop bitchin about which is faster this has nothing to do with lap times or speed. If your talking about speed then a gtr will smoke any gt3 for the same price or less at any given track. Gt3 is more fun to drive though.I'm talking about the connection with the driver here and what puts a bigger smile on your face.

My aventador is way faster than my Carrera gt and it does it so effortlessly. Dosnt mean its a better car though. Carrera gt is way more involving and rewarding to drive.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Originally Posted by turboad
Stop bitchin about which is faster this has nothing to do with lap times or speed. If your talking about speed then a gtr will smoke any gt3 for the same price or less at any given track. Gt3 is more fun to drive though.I'm talking about the connection with the driver here and what puts a bigger smile on your face.

My aventador is way faster than my Carrera gt and it does it so effortlessly. Dosnt mean its a better car though. Carrera gt is way more involving and rewarding to drive.

Do you drive you car on the track? How engaged are you getting on the street? I have driven a CGT and owned alot of cars in both MT and flappies, both are good.

Quick Reply: GT cars losing their soul