Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCCB's dragging

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
pb12 is an unknown quantity at this point
PCCB's dragging

Has anyone experienced this:

It seems the pads (at all four corners) are not fully retracting. I bled all four corners, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Thoughts?

Michael

Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
I have not, but very interesting on why it would do that. Did you ever get it figured out ?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Drag is normal, but this seems to be more than the accepted norm. Is everything stock/oem? How long has it been going for?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sorry, been away for a few days, and have not had a chance to continue to trouble shoot this problem. I do think though that I have narrowed it down to the calipers. When I open both bleeder valves the piston dont retract at all. I am going to pull one caliper off and try and travel the pistons, as I think they may be sticking a bit. The previous owner only drove the car about 2500 miles in 18 months.

If that does not solve the issue, I'll do a full rebuild on the caliper.

I'll keep you posted!

M

Old 09-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Member
TT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura about
I have the exact same problem with my PCCB's. I took it to the shop today and they did the exact same spin test. My Turbo is going back in tomorrow and they are going to take apart the caliper.

I don't really want to rebuild the brakes right now but it could be because the seals and dustboots are melted from the extreme hi-temps at the track. This would probably prevent the pistons from retracting.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure the proper fluid was used. I'm not familiar at all with the specifics here, but if someone used DOT5 liquid instead of 4, your rubber seals/gaskets/lines could be fuxored.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Melted dust caps, ect would certainly not be good! The interesting thing is that my dustcaps look pretty good. Anyway, I need to get a few supplies today before I can start the project. Im itching to get started though, as I am dying to figure out what is going on!

Originally Posted by TT Chris
I have the exact same problem with my PCCB's. I took it to the shop today and they did the exact same spin test. My Turbo is going back in tomorrow and they are going to take apart the caliper.

I don't really want to rebuild the brakes right now but it could be because the seals and dustboots are melted from the extreme hi-temps at the track. This would probably prevent the pistons from retracting.